Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
michael24

Post Procedure Care

For those that have had laser treatments did you break out in the days following? I have read that it is possible, if so what did you do or what were you prescribed by the derm to combat this?

I am currently deciding what mix of treatments would be best for me (I am planning on having them done next month) but, I am worried about breaking out.

For me, I broke out, but it was primarily because of the Aquaphor I had to apply for like...a week. Thick globs of petroleum jelly on your face every four hours for a week is going to result in some breakouts. And most of it actually happened on my neck, 'cause that stuff dripped down.

I was prescribed doxycycline. After my first procedure, he prescribed it to me AFTER my laser procedure, so it didn't work. But for my second procedure he had my go on doxy about three weeks before the treatment, and then I had pretty much no breakouts.

Unfortunately, doxy, like most antibiotics for acne, don't work for everyone, and will inevitably stop working after using it for so long,

But how much is it?

I have seen it at $125 and $160. It is a little pricy but, I figure if I am spending thousands on laser treatments, paying extra is not an issue considering the benefit.

I surprisingly didn't break out from the aquafor other than a minor pimple or two. On a side note, earlier this summer I was starting to break out more frequently again so I was concerned going into my treatment but I think I narrowed down the culprit to dairy. It seems to have stopped once I cut down my daily dairy intake. Go figures wacko.png

I surprisingly didn't break out from the aquafor other than a minor pimple or two. On a side note, earlier this summer I was starting to break out more frequently again so I was concerned going into my treatment but I think I narrowed down the culprit to dairy. It seems to have stopped once I cut down my daily dairy intake. Go figures wacko.png

See, I can't cut out mah dairy 'cause I love cheese so dang much.