Notifications
Clear all

25, Chinese, Tanned Skin, Moderate Acne + Scarring From Teen Yrs.

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:57 pm

My Past:

Thebeginning.jpg

• Bad Acne since teens, has toned down a bit now, but I still get moderate amounts of small acne, that get bigger if left untreated.

• I moved to HK(humid) for about 1 year during highschool, and then came back to Ontario, Canada.

• The move to HK made my "teen breakout period" go into Hyper Mode, with acne covering my face and pimples growing on top of existing pimples. All of which were the really big + really painful type, with not much cyst.

What I've tried

• Proactiv

• Made my skin feel smoother

• The ex-foliating wash always "broke" my existing pimples, and I always had blood after every wash.

• Left my skin feeling very very dry even after moisturising.

• Didn't do much for my acne in HK, and didn't do much for my acne in Canada.

• So my usage period was about 1 year, and I stopped after getting no visible results.

• Over counter products

• I've tried the a lot of over counter products, nothing stuck, but it could also be because I never really used anything for long enough.

The Regiment

[*]‹I've tried the Regiment before with some success

[*]I didn't really follow the instructions the first time round (half year period), so I had mixed results)

[*]I decided I am going to follow the Regiment WORD FOR WORD, for at least 6 months and see how my skins feels.

Day 1

Day%201%20-%20Wed%20Sep%2005%202012.jpg

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/05/2012 2:42 pm

Have you considered accutane?

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/05/2012 2:46 pm

Have you considered accutane?

yes, but I decided not to. The climax of my acne is hopefully in the past, and the doctor says my acne at this point, isn't serious enough that he would recommend accutane.

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/06/2012 9:32 am

Day 2

• 1&1/2 pump cleanser (I have a small face)

• 1 pump BP

• 1/2 pump moisturiser + half finger AHA+ + 3 drops Jojoba oil

Day%202.jpg

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/07/2012 9:30 am

Day 2

• 1&1/2 pump cleanser (I have a small face)

• 1 pump BP

• 1 pump moisturiser + 3 drops Jojoba oil

Day%203.jpg

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 09/08/2012 3:08 pm

You're lucky, you have very mild acne. Keep us posted, I hope DKR works for you.

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/10/2012 11:12 am

You're lucky, you have very mild acne. Keep us posted, I hope DKR works for you.

Well I should post my picture when I was on proactiv. There was not a spot on my face that did not have a pimple, or two. But at that time, I made an effort to avoid cameras.

Day 6

• 1+1/2 pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 pump BP
  • 1+1/2 pump moisturiser + 3 drops Jojoba.

Day%206.jpg

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 09/10/2012 4:03 pm

Proactiv sucks. Made my breakouts heal slower because of that grainy cleanser. The toner also dried out my face.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/11/2012 3:36 am

you look good man

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/11/2012 9:02 am

Proactiv sucks. Made my breakouts heal slower because of that grainy cleanser. The toner also dried out my face.

It really does... I kinda jump into things full fledge, and I didn't think much about it. But I should of stopped way sooner than I did. The grainy cleanser would end up breaking my pimples, which made them swell up even more, and that's how I ended up with scarring.

Day 7

• 1+1/2 pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 pump BP
  • 1+1/2 pump moisturiser + 3 drops Jojoba.

Notes

• My nose area, and under my chin area, feels stingy.
  • Nose area starting to flake.
  • I might have accidently got some BP near my eye are and there is a bit of flaking there as well.
  • Skin feels tight.
  • I'm wondering should I up my moisturiser & jojoba?

Day%207.jpg

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/11/2012 4:05 pm

Did you pop that pimple on your forehead?

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 09/12/2012 1:00 am

I would get your moisturizer up to 2 pumps and maybe 5 drops of jojoba oil. I would use a generous amount of jojoba oil at night for extra hydration. Skin shouldn't feel tight anymore after moisturizing. If it is, you need to use more. The stingy areas are super dry. I have a super dry spot on the left side of my jawline below my ear. Try not to pick too much at the flakes. After a month on DKR, you could try slowly mixing in Dan's AHA+ into your moisturizer to start breaking down the dead skin you are accumulating. After a month of slowly adding dosages of AHA every night (like you have to slowly increase with the bp) you could use a thin finger length of it undiluted every few night to every night a week. AHA may cause another initial breakout like bp does, but this is a beneficial thing as cell turn-over is increased which lifts deep clogged pore junk up and out (dead oily skin) and once those breakouts clear, they are gone. I think I got carried away. Sorry XD But I hope that helps

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/12/2012 12:35 pm

Did you pop that pimple on your forehead?

It popped in my sleep :( Just had to clean up a bit, but was still red when I finished the regimen.

I would get your moisturizer up to 2 pumps and maybe 5 drops of jojoba oil. I would use a generous amount of jojoba oil at night for extra hydration. Skin shouldn't feel tight anymore after moisturizing. If it is, you need to use more. The stingy areas are super dry. I have a super dry spot on the left side of my jawline below my ear. Try not to pick too much at the flakes. After a month on DKR, you could try slowly mixing in Dan's AHA+ into your moisturizer to start breaking down the dead skin you are accumulating. After a month of slowly adding dosages of AHA every night (like you have to slowly increase with the bp) you could use a thin finger length of it undiluted every few night to every night a week. AHA may cause another initial breakout like bp does, but this is a beneficial thing as cell turn-over is increased which lifts deep clogged pore junk up and out (dead oily skin) and once those breakouts clear, they are gone. I think I got carried away. Sorry XD But I hope that helps

Thank you very much for your post. I will try exactly that, starting tomorrow and see how it goes.

I've upped my dosage for moisturiser today, so the feels less tight. So I think I will try your suggestion tonight.

Day 8

• 1+1/2 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
  • 1+1/2 Pump Moisturiser + 5 drops Jojoba oil

Notes:

• Face not as tight.
  • I've come to realize, the last time I used the Regimen, I stopped moisturising as much as I felt my face was just so greasy and shiny afterwards. I basically tried the suggested amount for a day or 2 and stopped. But after almost a week of just following the suggested amount (which to me feels like, WAYYY TOO MUCH moisturiser), my face started adapting to it, and not creating so much oil and grease. *gasP!!
  • So I'm going to go full dose tomorrow, 2pumps Moisturizer + 5 drops jojoba, and extra at night with some AHA+

Day%208.jpg

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 09/12/2012 1:44 pm

Don't forget to wait at least four weeks into the regimen before starting to use AHA+

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/12/2012 2:25 pm

Don't forget to wait at least four weeks into the regimen before starting to use AHA+

oh... wow I really should pay attention to instructions... I used it the first day of Regimen. okay, so I'll start 3 weeks later....

Thanks again Stardust!

Day 8

Note 1:My skin feels a bit tight now that it's late in the afternoon. It was feeling better this morning, but definitely tighter now when I smile. It's also still itchy, I can avoid scratching, it's just annoying.

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 09/12/2012 2:26 pm

Not a problem :) Keep us posted

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/12/2012 4:11 pm

Day 8

Note 2:

• Its nearing the end of the work day, my skin feels tighter, it is oily, and mild tingling on my face where I'm sweating (we have the thermostat kind of high here).

• I do notice that the last few days my eyes are stinging. I watched Dan's video, and he said to avoid the eye areas. I did but maybe I'll have to leave a larger radius untreated, as my eyes are stinging, so much so that I had to pull over while driving yesterday and flush it out with a bottle of water I had handy.

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/13/2012 7:51 am

Day 9

• 1 Pump Cleanser

• 1+1/2 Pump BP

• 2 Pump Moisturiser + 4 drops Jojoba

Notes:

• Since I started Regimen, I did have a few break outs, one under my chin, on my left cheek, and on top of my lip. But they died & dried quickly, a lot quicker than before starting the Regimen.

• Nose got flakier

• Upper Cheek area, that is close to eye are is flaky

• Face still feels a bit tight after Regimen in the AM, but PM feels fine.

Day%209.jpg

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 09/13/2012 6:06 pm

The eye stinging is something I had to get past in my first month. What I do to help around the corners of the eyes and lids, is put a thin layer of Vaseline. It stops the BP from migrating towards those spots. Tightness means BP is gradually getting deeper, that's why you are getting more breakouts. It's worth it! The deeper dormant pimples are emerging. The first 6 weeks are going to be hell.. But stay with it and beyond, your skin should be more accustomed to DKR. Happy clearing :)

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/14/2012 10:10 am

Day 10

• 1 Pump Cleanser

• 1+1/2 Pump BP

• 2 Pumps Moisturiser + 4 Jojoba

Day%2010.jpg

The eye stinging is something I had to get past in my first month. What I do to help around the corners of the eyes and lids, is put a thin layer of Vaseline. It stops the BP from migrating towards those spots. Tightness means BP is gradually getting deeper, that's why you are getting more breakouts. It's worth it! The deeper dormant pimples are emerging. The first 6 weeks are going to be hell.. But stay with it and beyond, your skin should be more accustomed to DKR. Happy clearing smile.png

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 09/14/2012 2:39 pm

You're welcome, if you need help with anything else let me know :)

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/17/2012 9:27 am

Day 13

• 1 Pump Cleanser

• 1+1/2 Pump BP

• 2 Pumps Moisturiser + 4 drops Jojoba (in the PM I use 6 drops)

Notes

• Eye Stinging is less noticeable.

• My Nose area is still flaking, spreading to my upper cheeks, but the moisturiser + Jojoba combo keeps it under control.

• My face is actually drying up later at night.

• My face feels great immediately after the Regimen

• Will start to feel a little tight an hour later and remain that way until the end of the day.

• UNLIKE the first week, my face is no longer producing floods of oil. I usually have to use oil blots after work, but my face is relatively dry. Its producing less, and it feels like the oil it produces, it soaks back up again...eusa_pray.gif

• All breakouts on my face have dried out, and are healing up already.

Diet

• I realized, there's no one-stop-shop when it comes to anything in life, so same mindset should be applied to acne. I reviewed my diet, and decided to start with some small changes.

‹Changes made:

[*]Full glass of water first thing after I brush.

[*]1/2cup blueberries + 1/2 cup Rasberries + 1/4 cup of pro biotic yoghurt in the morning, + hard boiled egg.

[*]I've completely stopped my "Tim Hortons" routine, for those of you that don't know, it's a Coffee & Donut franchise. I've somehow drifted into a Double Crea + Double Sugar coffee, with the addition of a donut... and donuts are just simple carbs loaded with sugar.

[*]I've stopped drinking sodas.

[*]I've backed down on the caffeine intake. (1/4 cup of coffee a day maximum, and OH GOOD LORD, the caffeine withdrawal headaches are beastly. You've been warned)

[*]I find a way to incorporate Salmon into my day. (Sushi / sashimi snack / steamed / prepared myself)

‹Upcoming Changes

[*]Adding more fibre to my diet. Either flaxseeds, or something else (more research needed)

[*]I need to up my Carbs in a safe way. I think I'm depleting myself, as I'm quite active. (more research needed)

[*]Need to drink more water

[*]Research into supplements, but I'd really rather not take pills.

Day%2013.jpg

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/17/2012 7:12 pm

Wow, your forehead pimple that popped cleared up perfectly! What did you put on it mate?

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/18/2012 9:05 am

Wow, your forehead pimple that popped cleared up perfectly! What did you put on it mate?

All I did was just followed the Regimen, DKR. I bought the Acne.org product bundle, and I'm giving it a go.

Day 13

• 1 Pump Cleanser
  • 1+1/2 Pump BP
  • 2 Pumps Moisturiser + 4 drops Jojoba (in the PM I use 6 drops)

Notes

• Face is all around feeling much better. Less tight and less oily.
  • The flaking is starting to wind down, I still have some in the chin, cheeks and nose.
  • Eye stinging is less noticeable now, I've increased the area around my eyes to avoid, and Vaseline seems to help a lot!

Diet

• Same as post #22

Day%2014.jpg

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 09/19/2012 12:27 am

Wow, you are clearing up nicely. Expect an initial breakout coming up. It's normal and to be expected as your skin is changing. Keeping us posted! You're doing awesome!