Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emmatorrens

No Wheat, No Sugar, No Gluten, No Dair, Lots Of Vitamins And Excercise... How Long?!

Hi All, So basically my story is that I have never had AWFUL skin. Never got a spot until I was 16 (I know, don't hate me.. it gets worse don't worry) and until about 5 months ago i had about 4-5 spots on my face at any one time.

But then, I went to Uganda for Two months and my face went CRAZY. literally so bad. I went t othe doctors when I got home and he basically said that it was the anti-malaria meds I was on that caused it.

But after three weeks of not being on them, my face was the same. Which he said would've stopped it.

So having always turned to the healthy option first, i went to a nutritionist.

She put me on a No

wheat

dairy

sugar

gluten

yeast

programme. With added vitamins

Vit C

Magnesium

Vit A

Vit D

Vit B6 and 12

Zinc

Milk Thistle

Omega 3 and 6

Vit E

I have been doing the diet for 6 weeks and been on the vitamins for 3 weeks. I jog four to five times a week and sleep for 6-7 hours a night.

I am still breaking out.. Is this normal? I am under bit of stress and the anti-malarials gave me depression as well.. is that contributing?

Someone help! I just need to know that I am doing the right thing and this will all be over soon ahh!

Thank s everyone

we have similar backgrounds, i started breaking out when i went to college in NYC- a completely different environment. i immediately knew it was my diet. i have always eaten healthy and now i was drinking and eating artichoke pizza and quesidillas. i went back to a whole food approach / anti-inflammatory diet again, i dont really eat meat in general.. but i cut out gluten & sugar and i was actively running. i obviously felt better but my skin didn't reflect it.

i know it's a lot to consider if you're more holistic about this, but i'm on accutane. i can't say that i highly reccommend it yet, because i've only been on it for 2 weeks.. but i can say it's definitely the most promising solution for me. plus, you have an advantage if you're already in tune with your body. : )