Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnflea10

I Have An Idea I Need Help With

So for the past few years I've always treated my acne with topicals where you have to massage gently onto my skin and while I've never had like awful acne, it has never improved really and I was thinking it could be because I'm irritating my skin by massaging?

For example. When I am done with a shower my face isn't that red but once I massage the topical in, then my acne gets inflamed... But when I use topicals that just need to be applied and not massaged it isn't red...

Anyone have ideas as to if I should quit the whole 'cleanser/exfoliation' process and just apply one topical without massaging or what?

There's no need to massage a topical acne treatment in to your skin, especially if you have acne prone or sensitive skin. This will leave the area feeling sore and red (red skin is irritated skin).

I would recommend gently working the topical treatment in to your skin using your finger tips for about 30 seconds, then allow the rest of it to soak in on its own.

Watch some of Dan's videos, he explains it better than I do!