Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrettyInside

Questions About Possible Scar Treatments For My Scars (Photos Attached)...

I'm at the point of seeking treatment for my scars, though I'd like to do everything possible up to--but not including--laser at this point. (The cost of laser is a wee bit prohibitive. Heh...) I'd be happy to reduce their appearance--especially that of a particularly deep one, which I think is a box-car scar on my upper left cheek bone. (The attached photo should help define it, I hope.) I also have shallow scars on both cheeks, which I think qualify as rolling scars.

So here are my questions:

1) Would subcision be good for the one deep scar on my left cheek? (It's a saucer-shaped scar that "runs into" another scar to form a sideways V shape.)

2) Are there treatment options that can reduce--or remove--rolling scars but that is less pricey than laser treatment? If not, which form of laser is likely the best option for my scarring?

3) What is the best way to find a qualified doctor who treats scars? (If anyone can recommend a doctor in the northwest Chicago 'burbs or Chicago, I'd appreciate it.)

4) Is a board-certified plastic surgeon the only one who can treat scars?

Thank you,

P.I.

post-112110-0-09698500-1346852126_thumb.

post-112110-0-26062500-1346852220_thumb.

post-112110-0-09698500-1346852126_thumb.

post-112110-0-26062500-1346852220_thumb.

I am thinking subcision on the larger dent and for the rest maybe retin-a as they seem shallow.

Do retinoids actually help reduce shallow indented scarring? My derm. (physician's) assistant said she'd fill a script for any retinoid I decide to try, and I'm curious about Tazorac. Would it, too, work the same as Retin-A in terms possibly healing/reducing scarring? (I would think so but thought I'd ask. Heh...)

Thanks,

P.I.

It may help. In my case it did not but everyone is different so it would be worth a try. You really have to commit to it for at least a year. I am not too sure if you have rolling scars or just smaller shallower boxcars but I do notice you have large pores such as myself so a retinoid may help. As far as tazorac being the same I have read it pretty much is but I have not used it. I liked Retin-a micro because I didnt have to much of a bad reaction from it. Minor redness and dryness. I ended up giving up because I didnt see a difference though. But again everyones skin reacts differently.