Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I am a fourteen yr old girl, first year in high school biggrin.gif , with horrible back acne. I need some solution and have tried everything I can think of until I came across this site. I don't break out that bad on my face and I can deal with that, the thing I can't deal with is my back.

I get soo up set when I see other girls wearing cute tops with their hair up, their back being exposed. They don't even think about it, but I do because I have this cursed acne.

I can't go to homecoming next Friday, for I would have to wear a dress, and no dresses cover up my back. I feel so helpless, that this acne is controling my life.

If anyone can tell me how to treat it or anything I would greatly,GREATLY appreciate it.

Amy

I have some "back acne" or "bacne" too. What has kept it in better condition is showering every day and just using soap to thoroughly clean my back. I found this "clearsal" bar of soap in our medicine chest one day and have used that- it works pretty good. Now I've been using Mary Kay's TimeWise soap bar. It came as a free gift with an order. I like this soap a lot and it works great so I looked it up to see how much it is- $18 for a bar of SOAP!!!!! eusa_shifty.gif

I've also used BP on my back and seen results within days- just be careful eusa_naughty.gif because BP WILL BLEACH CLOTHING!!!! I've used Differen on my back as well and that has worked good.

One more thing: Do you have long hair? One of my friends said her bacne stopped once she got her hair cut shorter so it didn't ever touch her back. I have realllllly long hair but am not willing to sacrifice it for a couple zits on my back.

Those are all my thoughts/ideas. Hope some of it helps. good luck.

that stinks about the dance, im sure theres atleast one dress with a covered back. even if you got a strapless and wore a scarf thing with it over your shoulders. its a pain, but it can be done im sure. dont let it ruin your good time, youre not the only one with back acne.

anyway, someone had mentioned BP - you'll read on this site that the 2.5% that dan sells is pretty much not gonna cut it for body acne. the skin on your back is a lot stronger than your face, so youre gonna have to use stronger, harsher products. and yes, BP will definitly bleach.

im just gonna add onto what esjay said, yeah..if you have long hair try and keep it off your naked back. be aware in the shower, what i do..even though my hair is short now, is i shampoo and when i put my conditioner in i put it up in a ponytail until im about ready to be done. it keeps the hair off my back, and its conditioning too. make sure you wash/rinse your skin of the residue though. and try and shower or atleast clean up a little bit after you sweat and work out.

thats all the advice i can offer, good luck biggrin.gif

My hair is short, but I always wear tshirts that cover up my back with my hair down so it covers up my back, I know this doesn't help it, but until I find something that works it's gonna have to do. I have a bad case of acne and it is really hard to cover it with a scarf or a shawl. I tried it at the 8th grade formal and it was a MAJOR pain.

About the BP, should I use it on my back, but in larger quantities?

Amy

One of the common causes of acne are hair products. I suspect you're probably using a shampoo that contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Sodium Laurel Sulfate....both are suspected acne-causing ingredients, and are found in most shampoos.

Dove makes an excellent, and inexpensive, shampoo that is free from both of those ingredients. I would immediately change your shampoo.

Second, I would begin using a body wash that contains salicylic acid (sp?) to begin treating the acne on your back. At night, you may want to apply some BP to the affected areas, and sleep in an old white cotton t-shirt.

Give that a try, but I highly suspect the shampoo to be a culprit.

One of the common causes of acne are hair products.  I suspect you're probably using a shampoo that contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Sodium Laurel Sulfate....both are suspected acne-causing ingredients, and are found in most shampoos.

Dove makes an excellent, and inexpensive, shampoo that is free from both of those ingredients.  I would immediately change your shampoo.

Second, I would begin using a body wash that contains salicylic acid (sp?) to begin treating the acne on your back.  At night, you may want to apply some BP to the affected areas, and sleep in an old white cotton t-shirt.

Give that a try, but I highly suspect the shampoo to be a culprit.

the best and most effective treatment for whiteheads and blackheads, which i think thats what you got right?

is sa + bp twice a day

you can buy a clean and clear sa wash and a bp wash and apply them to your back twice a day when you shower.. once in the morning and in the night

and dont pop..

I know what youre going through.

I had the same problem at school.My acne was so bad that i skipped months and months of class and eventually had to take extra years to graduate.Its not that i didnt want to go, its just my self esteem was so low at that time, i didnt know what to do.

Acne ruined my self esteem and made me anti-social, dont let it do the same to yours.

. Now I've been using Mary Kay's TimeWise soap bar. It came as a free gift with an order. I like this soap a lot and it works great so I looked it up to see how much it is- $18 for a bar of SOAP!!!!!  eusa_shifty.gif