My Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/04/2012 11:22 pm

Hey guys, got my first month of accutane today 9/4/12.

My acne got pretty bad when I turned 16, I turn 17 9/10.

I am on 40mg a day of accutane.

Day-1

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

Day - 2

Felt slightly depressed at school, only because people were talking about acne, then a kid talked to me about my acne..No side effects or anything, did breakout the night I took my first pill, woke up with like 20 white heads.. They easily came off with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Day - 3

My face broke out awful, and I mean awful, I definitely believe I'm going threw the IB, I never had black heads, and now my nose is covered, and tons of white heads everywhere... I got about 5 on my top lip, this is probably my fault.

http://i756.photobuc...day 3/photo.jpg

http://i756.photobuc...ay 3/photo1.jpg

http://i756.photobuc...ay 3/photo2.jpg

http://i756.photobuc...ay 3/photo3.jpg

Day - 4

My face is so dried out, it hurts, I still have a nice amount of white heads on the front of my face, I have quit smoking "pot" as of yesterday. I noticed a lot of my red scars have faded a noticeable amount.

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/04/2012 11:37 pm

Your skin is perfect for accutane. Should clear everything up great.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:47 am

Yep , you will be 100% in 3 mouths from now your acne begin mild ..

Omg bro I love your ring , does it have a name or so? I need to make one myself:D

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/05/2012 9:13 am

My ring :o?

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/05/2012 5:22 pm

Took my second pill today. Will post pictures later.

MemberMember
(@jkel777)

Posted : 09/05/2012 10:31 pm

Best of luck to you man, I also started with 40 mg a day on 8/29 and will be on day 9 tomorrow. My acne is actually pretty similar to yours. I'm still going through my IB and I hope it'll subside soon. Hang in there!

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/05/2012 10:35 pm

You to man.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/06/2012 1:07 am

My ring gasp.gif?

Well I'm Romanian I don't know how you people call that black thing you have in the ear?I want to go and get one today , u think it's ok since im on accutane ?

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/06/2012 8:26 am

My ring gasp.gif?

Well I'm Romanian I don't know how you people call that black thing you have in the ear?I want to go and get one today , u think it's ok since im on accutane ?

Haha yes, it's called stretching your ears.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/06/2012 8:45 am

And does that black thing have a name or so ?

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/06/2012 8:57 am

And does that black thing have a name or so ?

"Plugs"

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/06/2012 9:48 am

Thank you so much!Bad thing is that people who got piercing on accutane said that , they had to take it off , and others said that it infected :( , I will see what I shall do , thanks !

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/06/2012 5:42 pm

Thank you so much!Bad thing is that people who got piercing on accutane said that , they had to take it off , and others said that it infected sad.png , I will see what I shall do , thanks !

Didn't know that was possible, well if it happens suppose I'll be taking everything out.

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/09/2012 12:53 pm

My face and lips are so dried out.

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 09/10/2012 6:18 pm

Taken my 7th pill today, still have a lot of whiteheads, quite embarrassing, especially because today was my 17th birthday :/

Time is needed.

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 10/10/2012 10:57 pm

Day 36

Sorry haven't been keeping up on this.

Side effects - dry lips, slight back pain, break outs, dry eyes(started today), easier skin damage.

My face doesn't get oily anymore, the redness has gone down a lot, the acne is a lot smaller (white heads don't get as big)

Got bumped to 80mg, 40mg twice a day.

I see improvement, I've been on it for only 6 days over a month, so I know I still have a long 5 months to go.

My question for you all, is it okay to whip a whitehead off with a oxypad, the yucky yellow/whitehead, it leaves quite a large pore open, but the puss etc is off, it usually heals/scabs within the night.

Anyways on to pictures.

photo2_zps5de7973c.jpg

photo1_zps832d82eb.jpg

photo_zps0d78086a.jpg

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/11/2012 6:43 am

Hey!

I just wanted to give you some encouragement...

My acne was a very similar type as yours. I just started my 3rd month and I am almost totally clear (except for PIH). I can't tell you how pleased I am! If your progress is like mine, right now might be the toughest time (at least from my experience so far). I think it's great that you are taking pictures , I wish I had.

As far as the piercings go, I haven't had any problems with them. I have a nose ring, cartilage and 2 forward helix. Also, I got a tattoo about 2 weeks before I started treatment and it's been fine as well. wouldn't get anything new, though.

Also, you mentioned using an oxypad. I know it's tempting but I would not recommend it. The BEST BEST BEST thing to use on an oozing gross whitehead (I am very familiar with those little fuckers) is neosporin cream. not ointment....cream. It is a godsend.

What are you using on your lips? It sucks, right?!! I use Aquaphor pretty much 24/7 and I love it.

If you need any product recommendations just check out my log or message me. I am also 17 and just a bit ahead of you in our treatment. My symptoms have been pretty much the same too.

:)

Good luck!!

~Celia

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 10/11/2012 5:22 pm

Hey!

I just wanted to give you some encouragement...

My acne was a very similar type as yours. I just started my 3rd month and I am almost totally clear (except for PIH). I can't tell you how pleased I am! If your progress is like mine, right now might be the toughest time (at least from my experience so far). I think it's great that you are taking pictures , I wish I had.

As far as the piercings go, I haven't had any problems with them. I have a nose ring, cartilage and 2 forward helix. Also, I got a tattoo about 2 weeks before I started treatment and it's been fine as well. wouldn't get anything new, though.

Also, you mentioned using an oxypad. I know it's tempting but I would not recommend it. The BEST BEST BEST thing to use on an oozing gross whitehead (I am very familiar with those little fuckers) is neosporin cream. not ointment....cream. It is a godsend.

What are you using on your lips? It sucks, right?!! I use Aquaphor pretty much 24/7 and I love it.

If you need any product recommendations just check out my log or message me. I am also 17 and just a bit ahead of you in our treatment. My symptoms have been pretty much the same too.

smile.png

Good luck!!

~Celia

Hey there. Thanks I'll stop using oxy pads. For my lips I use aquaphor, blistix medicated lip ointment, and vaseline lip therapy, the three are a great combo.

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 10/25/2012 9:48 pm

DAY 51 -

My lips aren't that bad anymore, usually really easy to control, except for some days which are randomly really bad.

I've been doing good not "picking/popping" Some just get really bad(noticeable/hurt), I try my best to not pick etc, only messed with like 3-4 past 3 days :/, hard to not do anything when you look in the mirror and see nasty acne..

My scarring is very noticeable now, I feel like that's the worst out of everything, still breaking out a reasonable amount, about 10 whiteheads, possibly more..

Scarring is very discouraging, but I know my skin is very thin right now because of the accutane, so I hope it plumps up a lot, and helps the scarring.

If anyone has experience with the scarring, let me know.

photo-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

MemberMember
(@blake-slack)

Posted : 03/19/2013 7:54 pm

Done with this journey.

Couldn't be happier.