Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warrenpeace

It's Back

Looks like adult acne is seeking in. Not as bad as before but I feel it's coming back. The acne is on the lower right side of my cheek and chin. I think I may be aggrevate my skin again. Or could it be that the sweat from dancing and working out is causing bacteria to form. Please help.

Looks like adult acne is seeking in. Not as bad as before but I feel it's coming back. The acne is on the lower right side of my cheek and chin. I think I may be aggrevate my skin again. Or could it be that the sweat from dancing and working out is causing bacteria to form. Please help.

Chin acne = hormonal problem. Any derm will tell you that.

I'm in a dance company as well. I have been athletic since a very young age. I've had hormonal acne since puberty. Only thing that got me clear was an anti-androgen. It has corrected the hormonal imbalance without affecting my ability to exercise/perform.

What's Anti Androgen? Is it safe?

Many acne sufferers have excessive androgen activity which has to do with your hormones. Some androgen activity is good. Too much is bad. When androgens are going crazy it can manifest as acne. An anti-androgen just softens your androgen activity to normal levels.

LifeExtension is a quality brand that is not too expensive. It contains both saw palmetto and stinging nettle which are two anti-androgen herbs. I'd start with one pill in the morning and one at night. It will take a few weeks or longer to really kick in and fix your hormonal imbalance .

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Palmetto-Sitosterol-Softgels/dp/B0019BLXQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346816243&sr=8-1&keywords=saw+palmetto+stinging+nettle