Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adrock

Hair Styling Product That Won't Cause Acne?

Hey guys, I recently grew out my hair and started using different pomades to style it. Specifically American Crew's Forming Cream, Molding Clay, and Paul Mitchell's Barber's Classic. I love the way my hair looks when I style it with these products but I started noticing more and more acne popping up on my forehead. I used to be acne prone in my middle/high school days but it's been very mild since then. Because these pomade products are causing this acne, I decided to start using Aloe Vera moisturizing gel to help style my hair a bit but the hold isn't too strong nor is it really meant for your hair. I was wondering if any of you guys can recommend any good hair styling products, whether it be gels, sprays, pomades or whatever, that'll give my hair a nice hold and won't clog my pores? Hopefully someone on this forum has gone through this before and can point me in the right direction

Or can someone at least help look through these ingredients I found in a pomade and tell me if any of them are known to be acne causing?

Acqua purificata (purified water), Lanolin wax, Cetearyl alcohol, Tribehenin, Propylene glycol, Peg-35 castor oil, Ceteareth-25, Tridecyl stearate, VP/VA copolymer, Tridecyl trimellitate, Ethyl alcohol, Tocopheryl acetate, Chamomilla recutita (chamomile), Beeswax, Panthenol, Dipentaerythrityl hexacaprylate/hexacaprate, Caprylyl glycol, Acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Chlorphenesin, Benzophenone-3, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium dioxide.