Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MinkyMoo

Turmeric Helped Me

Hello. I've been visiting this site for many years and I have finally found something that has helped my skin. A bit of back ground about me...

I'm a 33 year old female and have suffered with acne since I was 16. I was put on Dianette contraceptive pill and I used Benzymacin gel along with retin a. After a couple of months I had flawless skin.

Approximately 10 years later I developed melasma on my face, so was advised to stop taking dianette and to make things worse, Benzamycin gel was no longer available in the UK! I tried other perscription creams, such as Duac, but they irritated my skin. Within a few weeks my acne flared up quite badly.

I managed to get it under some sort of control using panoxyl, but I was still getting new painful spots evey other day which left red marks. In November 2011, I decided to stop using Benzoyl Peroxide altogether as I was worried it was destroying my skin. My skin reacted really badly, but I stuck to not using it. During this time I tried cutting out dairy, using Hibiscrub, exfoliating, not exfolitaing, tea tree oil. Nothing helped.

I then remembered reading somewhere about turmeric, so I thought I'd give it a try. I bought Natures Best high potency Turmeric, a turmeric face wash and turmeric moisturiser. I also bought some empty capsules, which I fill with black pepper. I take one turmeric tablet and one capsule of black pepper before my evening meal with a glass of full fat milk.

I wash my face morning and evening with the turmeric face wash, and apply the moisturiser in the morning, mixed in with Green People's Organic Young Cover & Clear spot it.

I have been doing this for two months now and I get one or two spots a month around the time of my period.

I hope this helps someone else x