Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brizzle82

Bp And The Sun...what Sunscreen?

Hey all,

i've been on the regimen for about 3 weeks and it's working pretty well. i only have mild acne to begin with, but it was getting annoying...the beginning of this week i had a few blemishes, but 0 new zits for the first time in forever. (of course as we speak 2 more have shown up) ...

anyway, i'll be going to bermuda this weekend and i was just wondering if i should stop the BP for a few days before (or even for the whole week i'm there) or just use at night or something, because im worried my skin will be very sensitive to the sun. currently my skin is very flaky, but the redness has calmed down signficantly since i've started.

also, what sunscreen works well?. currently i have Neutrogena's Triple Protect Face Lotion for men, which has an SPF 20 in it. seems to work, but i havent used it more than once or twice this summer...only used it on days where i knew i'd be at the beach for a few hours.

thanks!

awesome, just don't know if i can get it in time...doesnt seem to be available in stores. maybe i'll check target or walgreens even tho it seems to be online only.

do you still use BP as normal when using this? i was wondering if maybe i should reduce the BP to just at night because i'll be spending a lotof time in the sun.

You can get CeraVe AM in drugstores. I get mine at Walgreens or Walmart. It is a really nice sunscreen that blends into the skin very well. I have used dozens of sunscreens and this is the most elegant sunscreen I have ever worn. I don't even notice it on my skin.

awesome, just don't know if i can get it in time...doesnt seem to be available in stores. maybe i'll check target or walgreens even tho it seems to be online only.

do you still use BP as normal when using this? i was wondering if maybe i should reduce the BP to just at night because i'll be spending a lotof time in the sun.

Definitely try to just use BP at night (spot treating should be fine though). No sense in burning he hell outta your face.

I suggest using Cetaphils Daily Moisturiser as it contains sun protection. I use an SPF 15 on my full face and then an SPF 50 on areas where the sun will naturally hit, ie the cheeks and nose. I spent 10 days in plus 30 deg weather using BP twice a day and never burnt using this. Hope you find what works for you and have a great time!

excellent, thank you all for your swift responses! im gonna go to the store today and see what i can find on hand, then maybe give the every man jack stuff a shot if i dont like what's available in store.