Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballaballa

Bowel movements?

i dunno if i'm sticking my neck out here, but this just seems to go on a lot here on these boards.

doesn't it make sense that ALL of these things contribute to our skin health? the health of your body in general is often shown in your skin (skin is dry, or gets hives, or turns yellow or grey, gets dehydrated and cracks, etc.) so if people increase their general health - they would in turn help their skin - which would then help the acne problem?

i know BenK that you said drinking lots of water helped your acne a whole lot - this makes sense - your skin responds VERY quickly to being (even slightly) dehydrated.

most of these "diet changes" involve cutting out processed sugars and other high process, preservative laden foods - none of which (while not expressly going to kill you tomorrow) are not things that are "good" for your body (no nutrients, etc.)

so cutting down on those things would make you healthier, and in turn help acne?

being constipated, which (unless you have IBS or another disorder where constipation is a symptom) is often caused by a lack of fiber or lack of adequate water intake, might seem to connect to your skin - but the connection may be because of the fiber/water thing, and not because of the constipated thing? (two manifestations of the same original issue?)

so i dunno - but it seems like a lot of typing is spent on telling others that we're "stupid" for believing something or "stupid" for not believing it - when in reality perhaps we should consult a doctor, see what he/she says, and try things? these people spend years and years studying the human body - most of the time they know what they're talking. (maybe a family member or friend who is in the medical profession? a nurse or nurse practitioner or physicians assistant?)

if it makes you healthier, it just might help your acne?

(i'm not saying CURE, i'm saying help)

i don't know - and i'm new here so this might be really stupid to say. but i guess a lot of this stuck out.

2) What data I have for asserting that our body doesn't have a problem with toxins? How about the ever increasing life expectancy of anyone in countries that eat the supposedly toxic cheese burgers and pop-tarts that you mention.

Yes but if he's trying to assert that our body's are much more "toxic" now then before, I can counter that with the fact that we're not dying earlier (accidents not included).

Hi Guys!!

A proof for those reluctant to believe that Acne is related to Intestinal disorders is Adult Acne. The question in this case would be: how adults develop acne when they are not suppossed to generate enough testosterone such as to produce sebum and therefore acne. As we age we tend to produce less hormones (including testosterone), and this is in fact one of the first aging symptomps in our body. Since acne is supposed to be produced because Testosterone turns into Dihydrotestosterone through 5-alpha-reductase, then how adults develop acne?

The answer for the above question might be that acne is also produced by toxins into the bloodstream due to permeability problems of the intestine. If your intestine does not filter out toxins then your kidneys and liver will have the whole burden and will stress.

By cleaning your bowels with fiber, you will not solve your intestine permeability problems.

There are laboratory test to measure how efficient are your bowels to absorb nutrients and reject toxins. This is what I found at Great Smokies Laboratory:

The small intestine has the paradoxical dual function of being a digestive/ absorptive organ for nutrients as well as a powerful barrier against the excessive absorption of bacteria, food antigens and large molecules. Increased permeability of the intestinal mucosal barrier can swell the number of toxins & antigens entering the bloodstream and lead to an overly sensitized immune system in some individuals. Decreased permeability, on the other hand, appears as a fundamental cause of malnutrition, malabsorption and failure to thrive. A number of clinical disorders are associated with both conditions.

The Intestinal Permeability Assessment directly measures the ability of two nonmetabolized sugar molecules –mannitol and lactulose–to permeate the intestinal mucosa. Mannitol is easily absorbed and serves as a marker of transcellular uptake, while lactulose is only slightly absorbed and serves as a marker for mucosal integrity. To perform the test, the patient mixes premeasured amounts of lactulose and mannitol and drinks the challenge substance. The test measures the amount of lactulose and mannitol recovered in a urine sample over the next 6 hours.

Hi Guys!!

A proof for those reluctant to believe that Acne is related to Intestinal disorders is Adult Acne. The question in this case would be: how adults develop acne when they are not suppossed to generate enough testosterone such as to produce sebum and therefore acne. As we age we tend to produce less hormones (including testosterone), and this is in fact one of the first aging symptomps in our body. Since acne is supposed to be produced because Testosterone turns into Dihydrotestosterone through 5-alpha-reductase, then how adults develop acne?

The answer for the above question might be that acne is also produced by toxins into the bloodstream due to permeability problems of the intestine. If your intestine does not filter out toxins then your kidneys and liver will have the whole burden and will stress.

By cleaning your bowels with fiber, you will not solve your intestine permeability problems.

There are laboratory test to measure how efficient are your bowels to absorb nutrients and reject toxins. This is what I found at Great Smokies Laboratory:

The small intestine has the paradoxical dual function of being a digestive/ absorptive organ for nutrients as well as a powerful barrier against the excessive absorption of bacteria, food antigens and large molecules. Increased permeability of the intestinal mucosal barrier can swell the number of toxins & antigens entering the bloodstream and lead to an overly sensitized immune system in some individuals. Decreased permeability, on the other hand, appears as a fundamental cause of malnutrition, malabsorption and failure to thrive. A number of clinical disorders are associated with both conditions.

The Intestinal Permeability Assessment directly measures the ability of two nonmetabolized sugar molecules –mannitol and lactulose–to permeate the intestinal mucosa. Mannitol is easily absorbed and serves as a marker of transcellular uptake, while lactulose is only slightly absorbed and serves as a marker for mucosal integrity. To perform the test, the patient mixes premeasured amounts of lactulose and mannitol and drinks the challenge substance. The test measures the amount of lactulose and mannitol recovered in a urine sample over the next 6 hours.

Well then if fiber isn't the whole answer what is then?