Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballaballa

Bowel movements?

it's ridiculous to say you must go so many times a day or how often in a span of a few days in order to be healthy. everyone has different bowel habits, what's normal and "healthy" for one person is different for another. just ask your doctor rolleyes.gif

Correction: People who get acne from food are usually allergic to it and "Acne" is not acne vulgaris but hives.

If you think milk is a trigger, get an allergy test. Saying meat causes acne though, I'm sorry to say, violates the laws of evolution...

I thought so too.  I purposely moved from once every 3-4 days to once a day.  It didn't help my acne.  Did make me feel a lot better otherwise though.  The key is going around the same time every day, even if you don't feel like it, just give it a go.  It's a lot better, trust me.

Some of the root causes of acne are linked to bowel problems that may be caused by candida, leaky gut syndrome and parasites. All of these problems will produce you both indigestion concerns and excess of toxins in your bloodstream due to permeability imbalance of your intestine that allows undigested food to pass through.

The way back to recover the proper permeability of you gut is not that simple; it takes time with a lot of discipline and a radical change in your western diet.

every 4 fricking days? surely thats impossible. what food do you eat? eat more fibre, or PRUNE JUICE. HOLY MOLY DRINK TWO GLASSES AND WITHIN AN HOUR YOU'LL BE OFF

people people people...

I had the worst case of constipation ever. I had it like for 3 years and was using only laxatives. I thought that it was part of the reason why I had acne. You should eat fiber. Yes, it works. I've been telling myself that it doesnt but only b/c I ate other fiber and not enough.

I got to a point when a bottle of prune juice won't help me. I wouldn't go for a week if I didn't do something.

Go and get Go Lean cereal. It has 10 g of fiber. Also drink 5 of 1/2 L bottles of water (it sounds easier than 8 glasses of water) Fiber can't be digested, but it absorbs water well. Ok now it's going to be disguisting but the reason you have constipatiom is because of light bowels. Fiber and water make them heavier; therefore, it pushes harder on those nerves that cause the inntestines to contract.

anyways..

Sometimes try eating 2 cups of those cereal. If they taste bad, put some raisins into in and honey ( be careful though..maybe sugar or sugar substitute will do. Cause I got more acne either from too much milk or honey)

anyways..if you do this, you will go everyday or even more than once.

I promise!

Oh and those people who are laughing at this problem, it's the same thing as laughing at acne, you know.

Wrong,

Certainly, I have not found any information linking bowel disorders to acne, probably this is one of the missing links, the question would be, is there any relationship between bowel disorders and hormonal imbalance?? If so, what then becomes cause and what becomes effect, are bowel disorders cause of hormonal imbalance or vice-versa?

Most likely, human research is not in condition to answer this question yet. Did you know that the biggest chemical laboratory in the world is the human body?, yes, it performs 100,000 reactions a day aprox. The major problem resides in the fact that we are not able to understand all these reactions, it is in fact a mathematical calculation rather than a precise mapping of each of them. Probably, this is why some people can eat anything without suffering acne, each body has its own personality if we consider that one body might perform some of these 100,000 reactions (let´s say 1% of them) pretty well, probably another body will be genetically inhibited to perform that 1% of reactions in the same way.

Just from a biology stand-point, our body is an unexplored universe, so how can you assure that hormonal imbalance is the only root cause? I have ready pretty much medical topics blaming hormonal imbalance as the unique acne root cause, but I deeply believe that this statement is product of our limited understanding and the argument above is the major factor to object.

One study conducted by the Columbia University concludes that more than 180 chronic-degenerative diseases are linked to bowel disorders and the list includes eczema, arthritis, acne, psoriasis, etc., so I think there is certain evidence leading us to link acne and bowel disorders.

I always say that when you do not understand something completely, then the statistics become a powerful tool for demonstration and statistics demonstrate that people with bowel disorders are always, for example, related to skin problems and allergies.

It is my understanding that bowel disorders such as Celiac Disease, IBS, Candida, Parasites (especially Helicobacter Pillory) and other causes involve permeability disorders of the gut. This in turn leads to absorption problems of nutrients (Your food intake is OK but your nutrients absorption is not ) Now, we understand that our body needs certain intake/balance of nutrients to work properly and if your gut is not digesting those nutrients properly, you might not rise all the building blocks to balance your hormones. isn´t it?

One study conducted by the Columbia University concludes that more than 180 chronic-degenerative diseases are linked to bowel disorders and the list includes eczema, arthritis, acne, psoriasis, etc., so I think there is certain evidence leading us to link acne and bowel disorders.

Yeah -- I'd really also question how a link could be found between diseases and something like constipation; every human is constipated at one time or another in their lives (it's normal in everyone in short spans).

I understand that all bodies aren't the same and I've said that some people do have food triggers (that's where the "usually allergic" part comes from). I completely accept that a small percentage of people have direct acne/food connections... but it's not the "most people" range that some webvocates want us to think.

eusa_hand.gif AM-->

QUOTE(ballaballa @ Oct 2 2004, 08:27 eusa_hand.gif AM)
Ive been thinking about how bowel movements could be related to acne. Could they be related in any way? I have bad bowel movements and go about every 2-4 days. And i have acne.

Just wondering if there is a connection between the 2.

i just wanted to respond to this because i used to think it wasn't true at all.. and then because i was out of food one day i started drinking this protein shake for breakfast and it caused me to have bowel movements all the time and as i kept drinking the shake and being in the bathroom all the time i noticed my face got really clear. it was just something in the mix that cleaned out my GI tract. i think that is the name of it.. i'm not very clear on the science behind it, but i do believe it is true. if you are getting fiber and your tract is clean then your skin is a lot better off. something about the body not hording toxins and them getting into the bloodstream/or skin. anyway. cool glad other people have noticed this.

jane

Our body doesn't really have a problem with toxins -- we're great machines. Fiber is good for you in general and keeps things optimum but your GI tract is clean regardless.

Our body doesn't really have a problem with toxins -- we're great machines. Fiber is good for you in general and keeps things optimum but your GI tract is clean regardless.

1) Drinking a draught of hemlock isn't the same as eating a normal diet-- the comparison is idiotic.

2) What data I have for asserting that our body doesn't have a problem with toxins? How about the ever increasing life expectancy of anyone in countries that eat the supposedly toxic cheese burgers and pop-tarts that you mention.

Your slant of things seems to blame inanimate cheeseburgers and pop-tarts -- if you believe that your body is toxic because of food, I'd start blaming yourself for fucking yourself up.

All I know is that people whoa re constupated are grumpy assholes(No pun intended). Also I don't understand why we need to have 3 bowel movements a day in order to stay healthy. I go everyday and I'm fine. Many times I'll eat somethign and it will show up in the ol' toilet bowl the next day, so why does everyone think there is 50+ bowel movements worth of stuff packed in us at any one time(Not saying anyone in this thread said that but I've heard it here lots).

"95% I cleared through changing my diet -- the rest has been down to microdermabrasion and Delna's baking soda and vinegar treatment."

Hahaahhahahaha... oh wow. I won't even touch that.

Life expectancy has, in part, increased because the food we eat doesn't kill us anymore (at least not until we're older). The idea is this: before 50, the average American has little worry about in regards to heart disease-- the effects of fast food on teenagers are still being researched but preliminary word (or so I heard from a newsblurb) is that the diet, if it doesn't cause obesity, does not hurt health.

"95% I cleared through changing my diet -- the rest has been down to microdermabrasion and Delna's baking soda and vinegar treatment."

Hahaahhahahaha... oh wow. I won't even touch that.

I'm 23 -- I'm on the road as we speak. Internet and TV is what the bus gets so this has been a very internet-friendly year.

I can diagree without being offensive -- I complimented a vegan yesterday because she wasn't trying to push her values on others.

I'm laughing because you claim, "Yeah, it was diet!!" and then list another 2 topical things you did. Ever thought they helped?

To be honest, after reading this ridiculous thread I have to comment on this acne-diet link.

I really think life's far too short to be worrying about how many times a day you go and take a dump. Acne is caused by hormones and too much oil in the skin. Yes, going to the toilet 4 times a day will probably make you feel alot better than being constipated. But there is no correlation between your bowels and acne, if there was then dermatologists would have a far easier job...just prescribe prune juice!

And before anyone jumps down my throat..I have gone down the diet route, it improved my skin within the first month, but surprise, surprise the spots all came back eventually. I eat healthily, exercise and i am very slim, the only thing that has kept me clear is a low dose of Roaccutane.

Good luck to anyone who finds that their diet works for them. I personally don't want to add another neurosis (about food) on top of the anxiety I already have about my skin.

I'm not saying meat causes acne in everyone..but when I was vegetarian I never got ONE zit in about a year. Evolution has nothing to do with it because it could easily be caused by a sensitivity to the hormones and anti-biotics in the meats nowadays. SOme people are sensitive, some are not. Evolution putting us at the top of the food chain did not account for us being stupid enough to poison our own food.