Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballaballa

Bowel movements?

Ive been thinking about how bowel movements could be related to acne. Could they be related in any way? I have bad bowel movements and go about every 2-4 days. And i have acne.

Just wondering if there is a connection between the 2.

If you don't go once a day then you're considered "constapated" eusa_wall.gif If you're constapated then there's more toxins in your body...eat lots of apples and drink lots. Lots of fruit+veggies then it should be more normal. Since I eat better now my skin is much better. But that's just me.

i had this problem when i had a eating disorder and i think it was probably the onset of my acne, i would eat at most a bowl of cereal a day..... metamucil can help with this but it is best to just start eating healthy 2-3 times a day or more if you can handle it. If your not gaining weight, which if you plan a healthy routine you wont, then eat as much as 6 small meals a day.

I still eat well...like a cocktail pasty and susage roll at lunch times...plus i always eat me evening meal.

it's just i don't seem to go toilet much...but since i've been drinking green tea i've been going alot more frequently.

I mean i sometimes go everyday but it doesnt feel like im getting a lot out. I feel like its all collecting in there and the bad toxins are causing my acne. Should i just drink Prune juice everyday?

if you look at curezone.com you'll see that most people there believe there definitely IS a connection between acne and bowel movements, more specifically clean and healthy bowels. some have had success clearing their acne by doing a "bowel cleanse". check it out. i'm starting a month long bowel cleanse tomorrow. hope it will help.

btw, i go every 2-3 times depending on what i eat. (and not considered healthy)

There is a HUGE connection. If you're not getting enough bowel movements, your body can't eject toxins quickly enough in the normal way, so they end up coming out through the skin instead, leading to acne. You should be having minimum 2 or 3 bowel movements a day.

There is a HUGE connection. If you're not getting enough bowel movements, your body can't eject toxins quickly enough in the normal way, so they end up coming out through the skin instead, leading to acne. You should be having minimum 2 or 3 bowel movements a day.

I still eat well...like a cocktail pasty and susage roll at lunch times...plus i always eat me evening meal.

it's just i don't seem to go toilet much...but since i've been drinking green tea i've been going alot more frequently.

Acne is bad enough, there is no need to start making people feel more ill than they really are. And please stop peddling this 'toxin' quackery. If there really were toxins in the bloodstream that led to acne, then it would be easy to find out by doing some scientific measurements on the blood.

Hi,

Do a blood test to see if you have H. Pylori, the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers. I am not sure if there is a link, but I have a gut feeling it might. Hope that helps.

I love people who are smart. I agree -- the "Toxin" theory "seems" like it'd work except that there's still no reason for your skin to eject toxins. Regardless, acne is just because we produce too much oil -- pimples aren't made of junk food.

There is definately a connection from acne to the digestive system. There is a connection from anything to anything else in our bodies. We are a complicated interconnected system.

I'm sorry, but acne is about a LOT more than oil. I (and a lot of other people) have noticed direct connections between certain types of food and breakouts (for me it's milk, and too much meat).

Healthy digestion=healthier body=better skin.

DUH.

Correction: People who get acne from food are usually allergic to it and "Acne" is not acne vulgaris but hives.

If you think milk is a trigger, get an allergy test. Saying meat causes acne though, I'm sorry to say, violates the laws of evolution...

I thought so too. I purposely moved from once every 3-4 days to once a day. It didn't help my acne. Did make me feel a lot better otherwise though. The key is going around the same time every day, even if you don't feel like it, just give it a go. It's a lot better, trust me.

So going 2-3 times is a good thing? Man i thought i was eating bad >.< Although i do think its because of Accutane thats causing it since it never happened before.