Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thewestern

Apple Cider Vinegar Initial Breakout?

Hi, this is my first post here:

For the past 5 days, I have used organic apple cider vinegar (diluted with 4 parts water) in the morning and night. I leave it on throughout the day after my shower and then I leave it on when going to bed.

The first day my skin looked the best it has in quite awhile but after that I started noticing these really really tiny pimples (only visible up close in the right light). These are causing some uneveness in my overall facial tone. Also, I broke-out with a few bigger pimples.

I heard it takes about 3 weeks to work and can also help fade acne marks. Did anyone else who tried this experience an early breakout? It seems like it might be clearing up now but I still notice the really tiny bumps.

Other things I do are: use Irish Spring blackhead clearing SA body wash in the morning and then moisturize with vaseline aloe after applying the ACV. In the night I apply lemon to my face for 15 mins, wash off then put the ACV on.

Thanks.

Edited by thewestern

It could just be a purging of the pores but I got those tiny non-inflamed bumps too. I stopped using it and I would use it full strength in the beginning and found leaving it on full strength for 15 minutes and then rinsing it off with cool water was a little less irritating.

Why ACV works so well is because it brings your skin back to a healthy pH, using soaps bring it to a higher pH than we should have and using ACV helps bring it back down. You really don't need to leave it on your skin all day and night. I think it can cause those bumps because maybe it's irritating your pores.

I would try rinsing it away and see how that goes. Good luck. :)

And oh I just read you do lemon AND ACV? Hmmmm that sounds like the culprit. That is much too harsh on your skin. I would pick one and go with that.

Sounds like you're using too many different things on your face. I've never used ACV on my face but I started drinking it this week.

I think drinking the raw acv is better than putting on your face. It did nothing for me topically. Used it for three months and it didn't do much for me.

Thanks for the points, I've stopped using lemon while I do this. A lot of sources say to keep it on throughout the day, one would think these bumps should clear up in a few days but maybe not. I figure I should give it a good 2-3 weeks.

I first started noticing these bumps when using honey on my face, prior to starting the ACV, but they seem to be multiplying.

Edited by thewestern