Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm seeing my derm tomorrow because for 5 months shes been giving me products that havent done a thing. We are planning on starting accutane tomorrow as well and I was wondering how long it will take for me to some results. Also, I have severe hyperpigmentation and discoloration all over my face will accutane help this fade?

With accutane you really have to be in it for the long hall. Most people are on it around 6 months and see clearing in the 3rd. This isn't always the case obviously, as peoples acne and skin are different. I suggest looking at peoples logs to get an idea, you might find someone with acne like yours who's a similar weight to (which will affect the dosage) to give you a better idea.

Accutane will help with marks as far as I'm aware, I'm sure it has helped mine. Mainly because your skin will dry out and flake and ultimately that means it's renewing quicker.

It's not an easy drug to take, and it has some serious, possibly permanent, side effects, so read up on it before you jump in.