Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reyrey

Can My Cleanser Be Counter Acting The Bp?

I've been on the regimen for almost 2 weeks, I've been using all the products for the most part except dans cleanser, just not a fan, i'll ONLY use it when I need to remove my makeup as it does very well at doing that, the rest of the days when I'm not wearing makeup or in the mornings I like to use my Olay regenerist cream cleanser with the tiny micro-beads in it. I was looking at the ingredients today and realized that meanwhile it has great ones like vitamin C and vitamin A, it has salicylic acid in it as well, and has a star at the right hand corner next to it(not sure what that means), it's not the main ingredient that this cleanser focuses on like other ones that are made for acne-prone skin, but it does have it as in ingredient, my question is, is it okay to keep using this cleanser even though it has some salicylic in it? Will it counter-act with the BP? I really would have hate having to throw this out of my skin routine as I love how it makes my skin feel; but if it's for the better I would, anyone have any suggestions or input?

Cheers!

Guest T.M.

Personally I'd go with something else. Your cleanser should only be getting your skin ready for the BP. Using cleansers with active ingredients like SA and micro beads are just over doing it.

Personally I'd go with something else. Your cleanser should only be getting your skin ready for the BP. Using cleansers with active ingredients like SA and micro beads are just over doing it.

Thanks for your response, would it matter that I'd only be using this regimen to prevent breakouts and not clear acne? I just have a couple pimples here and there on occasion and I'd like to prevent them, hence why I'm on the regimen, nor do I have sensitive skin, if anything I have much more hyper pigmentation from pimples than pimples themselves, it also seems to be gentle on my skin, the only question I have is if it's counter acting the benzoil peroxide itself?