Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faithinhim

Faithinhim's Personal Regimen

Well, I saw how everyone was tracking their progress on here so I thought that it might help me and motivate me.

Well, I'm 14 years old and went to a dermatologist for the first time on September 20th, 2004. She prescribed me to wash my face and back with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash twice a day. In the morning I was supposed to slowly start using Differin. At night I was supposed to use Duac.

After 7 days of that regimen, My face looked like I was sunburnt and had a chemical peel. I went back on September 30th, 2004 and she changed me to the following because I might have a benzoyl peroxide sensitivity.

Morning and Night: Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash

Morning: Klaron Lotion

Night: Slowly work up to using Differin just as last time, except this time to use DML moisturizer when not using DIfferin.

Edited by faithinhim

Today, I decided to do some research on Klaron. Found out that you can die if you're allergic to it. Not really scared cause I've already used it twice.

My acne is light to moderate going back and forth from the two.

When I went back to the derm on the 30th she said she was really suprised because my face had shown and improvement in just 10 days what usually takes 6 weeks to see.

Well, I got my differin prescription today. It costs $40 with a prescription. Seemed like a little much but the prescription said large tube.

My face has finally healed from all the blistering and peeling that we think was caused by the duac. I can tell my face is really starting to clear up.

Well, since I'm having to gradually work up on my Differin, my face will get better, then worse, then better.

So, now I'm up to 4 times a week on Differin. Whenever I use it it works really good. But when I have to stop for that week, my face will break back out again. I can't wait until I can use Differin everyday.

Edited by faithinhim

Went back for my 6 week checkup. She said my acne was getting better. Put me on Adoxa 75 mg. Its a mild oral antibiotic that is used to kill the bacteria. Its a really hard antibiotic to take because you can't have food 2 hours before taking it. Then you have to drink 8 oz. of water with it. Then you can't have food for 2 more hours. Plus, you can't lay down for 30 minutes.

Edited by faithinhim