Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashes123

Tca-Cross

Hi there,

I just treated some of my scars with CROSS and I now don´t know how to care for them.

I have Emu Oil and Copper Peptides.

Which one should I use at what time?

I so far have used Emu oil because I heard that until the scabs have formed you should moisturize them.

Once the scabs are there I heard you should either use nothing or if you want the peptides?

PS: And what about using copper peptides after the scabs have fallen off?

Can someone give me some advice on how to combine those things for the most benefits?

Excuse me but I could´t find any satisfactory answers in the MEGA CROSS Thread and on top the opinions there differ a lot.

So please answer I´m in urgent need of some help !

Looking forward to hearing from you ;)

Regards

Emu oil doesn't do anything at all. It's not even an effective moisturizer.

Copper peptides helps with the healing process, but I am not sure about the specific timeline you should use it.

In general, I don't recommend doing TCA CROSS by yourself at home. There are far too many risks for complications. Even if you're the SLIGHTEST bit off, you'll burn healthy skin and cause a scar there.

These two links highly support emu oil:

http://www.pion-tc.co.uk/wound_healing_emu_oil.html

http://www.healthy-oil-planet.com/emu-oil-studies.html

http://www.healthy-oil-planet.com/emu-oil-studies-2.html

So uch for emu oil^^

And I am not one of those stupid people who think cross is a full face peeling. I have informed myself thoroughly and read hundreds of Threads (the mega thread included) plus loads of directions and instructions. thanks for your worries..

But still..since I´ve already done the treatment when should I apply the peptides?

Regards

While moisturizing is important, you also want to keep your skin protected and sealed. Aquaphor or even vaseline would make much more sense for this after burning your skin. Once the scabs have formed, you can stop using Aquaphor.

The scabs developed rapidly. It seemed to me that they started to come already a few hours after the treatment. By 24 hours after they were completely there as far as I can tell. Thats why I didn´t apply any vaseline at all and started off with emu oil straight away. Was that okay?

PS: Can I already use the copper peptides?

Edited by ashes123

Sorry, I don't have any experience with copper peptides, so I can't give you advice there. However, based on my experience with TCA Cross, I know I developed crusts pretty quickly after treatment. These were not the actual scabs. It took a few days for the actual scabs to form. The scabs should be dark, almost black. If you google it, I'm sure you can photos of how the scabs should look. I used Aquaphor for nearly one week following TCA Cross, as instructed by my dermatologist.

These two links highly support emu oil:

http://www.pion-tc.c...ng_emu_oil.html

http://www.healthy-o...il-studies.html

http://www.healthy-o...-studies-2.html

So uch for emu oil^^

And I am not one of those stupid people who think cross is a full face peeling. I have informed myself thoroughly and read hundreds of Threads (the mega thread included) plus loads of directions and instructions. thanks for your worries..

But still..since I´ve already done the treatment when should I apply the peptides?

Regards

So...websites that sell emu oil...purport to its efficacy? Oh wow, I didn't see that coming.

But don't take my word for it: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness/BioterrorismandDrugPreparedness/ucm137284.htm

So...websites that sell emu oil...purport to its efficacy? Oh wow, I didn't see that coming.

But don't take my word for it: http://www.fda.gov/D...s/ucm137284.htm

I wasn't going to touch the emu oil but I have to back DRaGZ here. I agree with him. I also don't understand why people believe claims stated by retailers or sites promoting products for financial gain.

Ok, I bought some Vaseline-equivalent today. And as for the emu oil: Its not only these links that support emu oil. And when selecting the right ointments etc. you have to have trust in something given the thousand possible creams etc. As a matter of fact I found the emu oil to be supported the most amongst other oils and moisturizers. But you may be right when you are saying that it would be recommendable to use vaseline on top. Thats why I bought a sealing greasy vaseline like cream. Thanks for that advice.

But to avoid any confusions: How did your crusts look like TokyoGirl since you clearly distinguish them from scabs. To me my scabs/crusts look dark brown and quite firmly attached to the scar base. Can I refer to them as "scabs" and is it right to say my scabs are already developed or is likely that those are only crusts?

Thanks in advance !

Edited by ashes123

Some scars I treated had scars on them for three weeks. Only two weeks ago they fell off. So actually the Cross treatment is 5 weeks ago. Can I treat these scars now with (several layers) 20 % topically? Or even with another Cross?

Sorry, I don't have any experience with copper peptides, so I can't give you advice there. However, based on my experience with TCA Cross, I know I developed crusts pretty quickly after treatment. These were not the actual scabs. It took a few days for the actual scabs to form. The scabs should be dark, almost black. If you google it, I'm sure you can photos of how the scabs should look. I used Aquaphor for nearly one week following TCA Cross, as instructed by my dermatologist.

Hi :)

What kind of scarring did you have and how many treatments did you need before seeing results? I have boxcar acne scars.

i would wait minimum 8-10 weeks between treatments, ideally 12 weeks

Tca 20% is not Cross - for which a time span as long as you point out would be adequate - but Im wondering wether you have to wait that long between Cross and a weaker tca <20%

I think it really depends your age and how quickly you heal. My doctor told me to wait a minimum of 4 months for maximum collagen rebuilding. Some doctors believe in repeating treatment sooner. There are studies that back both theories on when to repeat TCA Cross. I didn't do a second treatment because I actually had a bad experience with TCA Cross. Please be careful.

Edited by TokyoGirl

i would wait minimum 8-10 weeks between treatments, ideally 12 weeks

Tca 20% is not Cross - for which a time span as long as you point out would be adequate - but Im wondering wether you have to wait that long between Cross and a weaker tca <20%

Am i right in saying your initial treatment done was Cross? If so you need to wait, what is point doing another treatment whether cross or peelif your skin has not fully recovered as well as had chance to heal and build collagen?

I agree with pumpkin21. Treat a peel no different than another cross treatment after TCA cross. Give collagen time to rebuild and let your skin heal. You're trying to improve scars, not cause further damage. Why risk it?