Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam245

Strange Mass Hanging From Draining Cyst (Gross Pic Included)

Hi everyone! I am really unsure of what is going on with this cyst that is (I think) draining. I have been using Ziana for about 4 weeks and I really like it. I have two underground cysts that I've had since starting treatment. One of them started to form a head earlier this week and was draining somewhat normally. However, now it looks very different than any other drainage I've seen. There is a bulbous mass hanging out of where the open pore is. It isn't made of pus, but is a mixture of pus color and some red tissue. It is somewhat soft, but it just sits there. I can look down the side of it that it is coming from within the pore and seems to be connected to more red mass inside. I really don't know what this is or how to treat it.

I tried applying bactracin, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Has anybody ever experienced something like this? It just hangs there and I can move it around. The cyst that it's emerging from looks more deflated than it was before so at least that's good. It's on my face so I'd really like to help it heal as quickly as possible. If anyone has ever experienced this please tell me what you did or what your doctor advised. I can't find anything online, I'm at a complete loss!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by sam245

I've tried gently tugging it, but it doesn't budge. It just moves side to side. I don't want to cause more infection or damage by trying to pull it out. I'm afraid it's attached to the inside of my skin. I was using epiduo on the area to help it come to the surface and I'm worried that it maybe pulled too far out or something. I don't know. I just don't know what to do!! :(

Wow! It looks to me like the sack of the cyst is forcing its way out! Go to a dermatologist and they will most likely cut it out.

*sac

yeah that's kind of what I'm thinking is going on. I applied epiduo to it last night and it has dried up and is a little bit smaller I think.