Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CW24

Should I Get Off Epiduo And Start Regimen?

Right now I am currently using Epiduo at night and taking a antibiotic. I would say Im about 80 % clear but my skin skill breaks out once a day and my skin is super oily and red during the day. I was wondering if I should switch to the regimen and see how that works or stick with this. I mostly have a ton of little bumps and whiteheads here and there now.

Pics

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/gallery/album/12266-untitled-album/

Hey im interested in this as well and have been researching it. According to the british journal of dermatology, combination therapy of adapalene and BP (epiduo) is more effective than adapalene or BP therapy on their own. As long as your skin can tolerate it (you dont have burning or excessive irritation) i would stick to the epiduo for 6 weeks more and then review with your GP. Here is the link to the article if you want to read more: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2133.2009.09209.x/abstract;jsessionid=D9AAFDC383CCFEADBDA314D4B3093930.d04t01?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false

good luck

Ive only been on it 3 weeks but I was on differin and benzaclin for 6 months before thaat. Which is basically the same thing right?

Ive only been on it 3 weeks but I was on differin and benzaclin for 6 months before thaat. Which is basically the same thing right?

Not really, BenzaClin + Differin also has clindamycin and the concentrations of adapalene and BP are higher. Epiduo is 2.5% BP and 0.1% adapalene, and the regimen calls for 2.5% BP, so you could just use Epiduo as your BP, couldn't you?

If you look at it that way I suppose its pretty close to the regimen. The only difference is I dont use any medication in the morning which I think would help me if I did