Notifications
Clear all

Does The Aha Make Anyone's Elses Skin Dry?

MemberMember
(@gforce89)

Posted : 09/02/2012 11:23 am

Everyone talks about how moisturizing it is and how it removes flakes, but for me it seems to do the opposite. When I wash my face the next day, my face is more dry than it is on the days where I don't use it.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/02/2012 12:46 pm

Everyone talks about how moisturizing it is and how it removes flakes, but for me it seems to do the opposite. When I wash my face the next day, my face is more dry than it is on the days where I don't use it.

I have no idea who would say that AHA is moisturizing. AHA is an acid. It helps remove the top layer of your skin, which is why you see it flaking off. It is also drying.

MemberMember
(@gforce89)

Posted : 09/02/2012 1:19 pm

I have no idea who would say that AHA is moisturizing. AHA is an acid. It helps remove the top layer of your skin, which is why you see it flaking off. It is also drying.

It says it right on the bottle, lol

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 09/03/2012 11:16 pm

no, just the opposite. makes my skin greasy feeling with a "film" if ya use to much. Even when using just a little i still would get the oilyness appeal. I stopped using it months ago, jojoba oil works better for me.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 09/04/2012 5:27 pm

No, I don't find Dan's AHA+ to be drying at all. I use it as my evening moisturizer as it's too moisturizing for me to wear during the day. I definitely wouldn't consider Dan's AHA+ to be drying for me.

But if you find it to be irritating or drying to your skin, then stop using it.

MemberMember
(@emilykristina)

Posted : 08/13/2015 6:32 am

Yaah !! I have used it once and it really made mine skin dry.