Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gforce89

Does The Aha Make Anyone's Elses Skin Dry?

Everyone talks about how moisturizing it is and how it removes flakes, but for me it seems to do the opposite. When I wash my face the next day, my face is more dry than it is on the days where I don't use it.

Everyone talks about how moisturizing it is and how it removes flakes, but for me it seems to do the opposite. When I wash my face the next day, my face is more dry than it is on the days where I don't use it.

I have no idea who would say that AHA is moisturizing. AHA is an acid. It helps remove the top layer of your skin, which is why you see it flaking off. It is also drying.

I have no idea who would say that AHA is moisturizing. AHA is an acid. It helps remove the top layer of your skin, which is why you see it flaking off. It is also drying.

It says it right on the bottle, lol

no, just the opposite. makes my skin greasy feeling with a "film" if ya use to much. Even when using just a little i still would get the oilyness appeal. I stopped using it months ago, jojoba oil works better for me.

No, I don't find Dan's AHA+ to be drying at all. I use it as my evening moisturizer as it's too moisturizing for me to wear during the day. I definitely wouldn't consider Dan's AHA+ to be drying for me.

But if you find it to be irritating or drying to your skin, then stop using it.

I applied 10% glycolic acid each morning for the past three days. My skin has never been this dry. I hope that it's just a "purge" of the dry skin that the BP caused. Dan's BP is triple milled, so it gets deep into the pores and causes dryness there. That is the reason it can take a # of days to experience the dryness. I'll provide an update if it gets better/worse.

Today is the fourth day that I used the AHA @ full strength. It's ALPHA HYDROX Enhanced Lotion 10% Glycolic AHA. My skin has never been this dry. I have to go to a wedding on Saturday. I'm debating whether I should stop the AHA or not. I don't know if it'll get better/worse within the next day.