Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snsdgirl14

Getting More Whiteheads/small Pimples Lately

I've been taking Doxy 2x a day and using Epiduo at night for about eight months now. Until this past month, my skin has never been better. But lately, I have been getting little whiteheads/pimples every few days. The only thing that has changed is that I had to reduce my intake of 150 mg of Doxy a day to 100 mg of Doxy a day, for about two weeks. I've noticed that during those two weeks was when my pimples started. I've just started taking 150 mg a day again, so do you think it was from reducing my intake?

Also, what is the BEST face wash you can recommend? Right now I am just using Cetaphil since it's been working for me in the past (my skin is sensitive). I have Clearasil 2% Salicylic Acid Wash too but I never use that. I also have a Clarisonic (got it as a gift) but I'm a bit afraid to use it since I read that it can cause breakouts.

I've been taking Doxy 2x a day and using Epiduo at night for about eight months now. Until this past month, my skin has never been better. But lately, I have been getting little whiteheads/pimples every few days. The only thing that has changed is that I had to reduce my intake of 150 mg of Doxy a day to 100 mg of Doxy a day, for about two weeks. I've noticed that during those two weeks was when my pimples started. I've just started taking 150 mg a day again, so do you think it was from reducing my intake?

Also, what is the BEST face wash you can recommend? Right now I am just using Cetaphil since it's been working for me in the past (my skin is sensitive). I have Clearasil 2% Salicylic Acid Wash too but I never use that. I also have a Clarisonic (got it as a gift) but I'm a bit afraid to use it since I read that it can cause breakouts.

I honestly recommend Shea terra organics rosehip African black soap. It's great stuff and 100% natural

There's tons of reviews online on some makeup forum for women so go ahead and read that if you want.

Edited by Murph89

Seems that the dose change in doxy is the logical candidate since it coincides with the return of pimples, eh? Could be due a stress increase or fluctuation in hormones too. You may never know. I am on doxy 100mg/day also. For the first few weeks my derm had me on 200mg/day and I remember having increased pimple activity when I first went to the lower dosage.

Not sure what type of cleansers you like. I have hyper-sensitive skin that's a bit oily and clogs easily. I prefer foaming type cleansers that are gentle, non-drying, non-irritating, non-comedonic, and rinse clean. The one I'm using fits that bill and is called Dickinsons Witch Hazel Foaming Facial Wash. Not too heavy on the chemicals. It's available at Walgreens. Previously I was using Purpose Gentle Cleanser. That was not too bad but even it irritated me a little (has SLS in it). I've tried Cetaphil cleansers but don't like them. They don't feel like they rinse off well, and I know they are supposedly non-comeodonic but they seem to clog my pores and cause problems for me. Lotsa luck on the cleanser hunt! It ain't easy is it:-)