Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reyrey

How Long Was It Until You Stopped Breaking Out On The Regimen?

Hi everyone, I've been on the regimen for about 2 weeks now, it'll be 2 weeks on tuesday. I got on dans regimen because I recently got off BC, I originally got on BC in order to control my minor breakouts, instead it made my skin break out pretty bad, I got off it after about 2 months, and got on dans regimen immediately. So far, I'm liking it, I haven't had flakiness, considering I use plenty of moisturizer and the jojoba oil, i'm sure it takes care of it. My skin has been purging a bit, I knew it was going to happen, I had a couple under the skin pimples that wouldn't come up, and have come up, which i'm okay with. I don't have acne, but I do have a considerable amount of inflamed pimples on my face at the moment, none the less it makes my entire face look bad. Even though my skin isn't clear yet I have noticed a difference in my skin, it feels a lot softer, less rough looking, I can tell it's progressing, however i'm still breaking out. It's very disappointing to feel like your skin is getting better, and all of a sudden you feel a bump under your skin and know it's going to turn into a good sized pimple, it's pretty discouraging. Since it's only been less than 2 weeks, I'm not expecting my skin to look perfect by now, I know it'll take time and i'm trying to be as patient as possible, but for my ease of mind, how long was it until you stopped breaking out? As long as I stopped breaking out I would be the happiest gal in the world, your input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edited by reyna1991

Hey Rey. I was on Dan's regimen for over a year and followed it to the T. It took about 3 1/2 months for my face to get totally clear of all blemishes and spots. I know the process is long and at times can be emotionally damaging, but I'm here to say that I made it though with awesome skin. I found that Dr. Wood's Black Soap did wonders for my face. I def recommend it!

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Woods-Pure-Black-Soap/dp/B003W4D2O2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1346784169&sr=8-6&keywords=dr+woods+black+soap

Please ask me any Q's you may have!

Best,

Paul

I'm on DAN Regimen for 2 years and 1 month now. My breakout was terrible and depressing for 3 months when I started, It's hard but you have to deal with it and later on you will get the best result!

goodluck! :)

I second the previous responses - I had a terrible time in the first few months with worse than usual breakouts. However, I cleared after about 4 months and have had great skin ever since. Hang in there as it is definately worth it and you will amost forget that feeling of dread when you feel a new one coming.

Reyrey I like your positive attitude. The regimen should work well for you as a consequence.

I broke out worse than ever in the first 3 weeks, then was 70% clear by week 5 and then very small improvements each week until I was completely clear by around week 11-12. I kept up with following the regimen to a T for another couple of weeks and then slowly reduced the amount of BP i used over a period of 4 weeks until I now only apply apply BP at night. I still remain completely clear a year later.

It took me a good 6-8 weeks to really stop breaking out. I am on week 9 and am loving what I'm seeing! If I do breakout its like 1 zit and it's tiny!

It was tough to go through all these weeks but the results clearly pay off. Only thing I will say is be GENTLE with your skin, no popping or squeezing. It definitely pays off.

Thank you your all your responses! I've usually been breaking out every day for a few weeks(not bad, just one at the most) but I don't think it's due to the regimen, probably my hormones from the BC I was on trying to re-adjust, but for a few days I haven't been breaking out, so I'm excited about that, don't want to jinx it, but..I am pleased so far, hopefully my breakouts will be problems of the past in a few months!