Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EricX

Antibiotics with differin

Hi! I would like to know if anyone has some experince with local(cream that you apply to the skin, not oral) antibiotics and differin, what works? :-)

You would have to use the Differin at night ,and the topical antibiotic in the am or vice versa because Differin only works on clean, completely dry, and totally bare skin.As far as other topicals go, BP and Differin counteract each other chemically ,so you should not use them in the same daypart.

Okay, cant use BP anyway since im allergic. Well well... I was more looking for a specific topical tip. And one more thing, anyone experienced hair loss with differin usage? I dunno if im paranoid smile.gif

I have been using Differin for years and never had any problems or side effects, aside from dry skin for the first couple of weeks. I use my Differin in the morning and a BP/Clindamycin combo gel called "Duac" at night. Works great for me.

yeah i used differin gel then cream for at least 4 years...its been about a year since i stopped...i had absolutely no side effects but i was also on minocycline...kept me clear for years...stopped working...tried clindagel which worked well enough...then went on accutane and now i've been done everything for about a month and things are fine so far...the clindagel was nice but i had what i would considerate very mild cystic acne...just very persistent...as soon as one would go..another would pop up...the clindagel did help somewhat but not substantially...the best topical antibiotic i used was benzamycin when I first started my acne treatments about 6 years ago...best of luck

1). what are the brand names for topical anti-biotics?

2). is it better to use differin/retin-a at night, bp in the day? what's the advantage of using them both?

thanks in advance if you can answer these questions.

TIM

The reason most people use Differin at night is you're supposed to use it on clean, dry bare skin, so no moisturizer or makeup either. The benefit to using both Differin and BP in a treatment program is they address two different acne problems.Differin works deep in the skin to keep the pores from becoming clogged. BP works on the bacterial component of acne. The idea is by using one product day and one at night you address both problems and get the best possible control.