Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarah25

Wearing Make Up While Using Retinoids?

I'm a 22 year old female who just started struggling with adult acne a couple of years ago, after having completely clear skin as a teen (ugh). I am a student in my final year of college and work at a bar serving. So, as much as I wish I could let my skin breathe, I have to wear makeup at some points of every day.

I'm on epiduo cream once daily and just started it 2 weeks ago. At first I noticed it working, but I guess now I'm into my initial breakout sage because my cheeks have broken out VERY badly. It's depressing, I don't even like looking in the mirror , but I'm trying to tough it out because I'm hoping this IS the ib and that it will go away in a few weeks.

Anyway, when it comes to makeup I've spent an arm and a leg on dermatologist safe foundations and cover ups (I use cover fx). But I still feel like I'm just reversing my Epiduo every time I apply makeup. Is it okay to wear makeup while treating my skin with epiduo?

If it helps, here is my daily routine: wash face as soon as I'm home for the night with Dove, wait 10 min, apply epiduo. Wake up, wash cream off with Dove, apply moisturizer and am oil free primer, and put on make up.

Is it okay that I'm wearing make up? Will it prevent epiduo from working? It's such a tough situation because I want my acne to go away but it makes me so self conscious that I can't go into public with a naked face.

I'm a 22 year old female who just started struggling with adult acne a couple of years ago, after having completely clear skin as a teen (ugh). I am a student in my final year of college and work at a bar serving. So, as much as I wish I could let my skin breathe, I have to wear makeup at some points of every day.

I'm on epiduo cream once daily and just started it 2 weeks ago. At first I noticed it working, but I guess now I'm into my initial breakout sage because my cheeks have broken out VERY badly. It's depressing, I don't even like looking in the mirror , but I'm trying to tough it out because I'm hoping this IS the ib and that it will go away in a few weeks.

Anyway, when it comes to makeup I've spent an arm and a leg on dermatologist safe foundations and cover ups (I use cover fx). But I still feel like I'm just reversing my Epiduo every time I apply makeup. Is it okay to wear makeup while treating my skin with epiduo?

If it helps, here is my daily routine: wash face as soon as I'm home for the night with Dove, wait 10 min, apply epiduo. Wake up, wash cream off with Dove, apply moisturizer and am oil free primer, and put on make up.

Is it okay that I'm wearing make up? Will it prevent epiduo from working? It's such a tough situation because I want my acne to go away but it makes me so self conscious that I can't go into public with a naked face.

There is a link in my sig to a master comedogenic ingredients list. You can compare this with your makeup, primer, cleanser and moisturizer to see if they are truly non-comedogenic. The use of "non-comedogenic" is not regulated so many companies slap that on any product they want.