Notifications
Clear all

Best Way To Conceal Blackheads/large Pores

MemberMember
(@dgl)

Posted : 08/31/2012 2:06 pm

So after spending quite a bit of time on this website and the internet its quite obvious that there isn't much we can do about blackheads and pores. My situation is pretty bad in the sense that i can see my blackheads and a gaping pores on my nose from 2-3 feet away in mediocre lighting thanks to years of picking and scaring. I can't imagine how bad it is under direct sunlight. Anyways aside from going to work i avoid leaving my house at all costs. I have tried a few concealers such as Dr. Brands pore no more which feels/looks chalky and also a product called The POREfessional that i found on amazon which is similar but a little less chalky. However I am not very satisfied with either product. As a 23 year old male who doesn't know anything about makeup and such is there anything anyone can suggest that is relatively easy to do and is still effective?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/31/2012 2:18 pm

There are two things that can actually shrink your pores:

1) Accutane

2) Ablative laser treatments.

Though I wouldn't recommend either for pores because of the cost and high chance for side effects.

If you have a lot of blackheads, a series of 20-30% salicylic acid peels will do wonders. Won't shrink your pores, but it will clean them out.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 09/01/2012 9:07 pm

This may not be what you are looking for because it isn't make-up, but it does give a very matte look. It's non-fat yogurt. I started using it as a mask and love the matte and smoothing effect when it dries. Now when I want a matte look I just spread a dab into my skin and it really does the job. And since it's a lactic acid it's doing it's job as an AHA as well. I use Greek strained non-fat yogurt. It does make your skin a bit lighter but believe me, no one will know you have yogurt on your face becasue it doesn't smell when it dries. Also, the effect lasts a lon time, even in the heat. Not sure about sweating while it's on though.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 09/02/2012 9:58 am

This may not be what you are looking for because it isn't make-up, but it does give a very matte look. It's non-fat yogurt. I started using it as a mask and love the matte and smoothing effect when it dries. Now when I want a matte look I just spread a dab into my skin and it really does the trick. And since it's a lactic acid it's doing it's job as an AHA as well. I use Greek strained non-fat yogurt Fage gives the smoothest, firmest of those I've tried so far). It does make your skin a bit lighter but believe me, no one will know you have yogurt on your face becasue it doesn't smell when it dries. Also, the effect lasts a lon time, even in the heat. Not sure about sweating while it's on though.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/07/2012 12:03 pm

The only two things that have considerably shrunk my pores are:

1. Glycolic acid at 10% solution

2. Clay masks [only temporarily]

Salicylic acid is great for getting rid of blackheads however it won't shrink your pores. The cheapest source of SA is aspirin, aspirin masks are great because salicylic acid needs to remain on your skin for a while to work properly.

I find that BP also shrinks pores, though not as dramatically. Have you tried the Regimen yet?

Honestly, instead of trying to find ways to conceal blackheads you are better off actually treating them. A good skincare routine is a lifetime investment, however make up only lasts a day!