Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is anyone else here from Illinois and interested in forming an acne support group?

I feel strange asking this, because I am almost completely housebound due to acne.....And yet that's the reason I need support.

I was wondering if it were possible to form a group of people who could e-mail, or phone, or text each other for support. I thought perhaps we could talk about doctor appointments...acne treatments...if we were struggling that day with a bad break out, etc.

I don't know that I could go to an actual support group myself, so my thought would be just e-mail or phone or text message. Also, I thought people might live too far away to actually find a place where everyone could meet.

I just know this disease is very isolating. I myself have no one to talk to about this, and that makes acne ten times worse. Like a living nightmare. I spend a lot of time on depression lines talking about my struggles, and sometimes I'll talk to someone who also has acne, or is on accutane, and for that day I'll feel so much better. But most days, I feel like the only person who feels the way I do in the whole world.

So I come to this idea with my own selfish reason I guess, but would really love to have a network of peers who are also struggling with acne, so that we can all help each other in this very solitary struggle.

I am just putting the thought out there. I just started Accutane and feel very alone in my daily struggles with acne and this drug. I am one of those with no one to talk to who "gets it", gets the pain, the shame, the fear, the loneliness.

I know this is a long shot, so anyone who is interested, that would be great to see even 1 reply.

joe

Is anyone else here from Illinois and interested in forming an acne support group?

I feel strange asking this, because I am almost completely housebound due to acne.....And yet that's the reason I need support.

I was wondering if it were possible to form a group of people who could e-mail, or phone, or text each other for support. I thought perhaps we could talk about doctor appointments...acne treatments...if we were struggling that day with a bad break out, etc.

I don't know that I could go to an actual support group myself, so my thought would be just e-mail or phone or text message. Also, I thought people might live too far away to actually find a place where everyone could meet.

I just know this disease is very isolating. I myself have no one to talk to about this, and that makes acne ten times worse. Like a living nightmare. I spend a lot of time on depression lines talking about my struggles, and sometimes I'll talk to someone who also has acne, or is on accutane, and for that day I'll feel so much better. But most days, I feel like the only person who feels the way I do in the whole world.

So I come to this idea with my own selfish reason I guess, but would really love to have a network of peers who are also struggling with acne, so that we can all help each other in this very solitary struggle.

I am just putting the thought out there. I just started Accutane and feel very alone in my daily struggles with acne and this drug. I am one of those with no one to talk to who "gets it", gets the pain, the shame, the fear, the loneliness.

I know this is a long shot, so anyone who is interested, that would be great to see even 1 reply.

joe

I'm down ,although I live in New York. Text or facebook chat would work for me, as I'm housebound due to my skin, and have been for 6 months