Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onlyskindeep

Just Curious To Know..

I gave up drinking and eating crisps, sweets etc and suddenly my weight dropped off, lost a stone and a half. But i can't say i'm really thin. I've made up for it by eating meals that fill me up and eat porridge in the morning, so i don't need to snack.

Woah, well i'm not a doctor or any sort of medical expert. So you might want to check it out with them. From your post it's sounds like you're not eating. You might have dropped some foods, but what have you replaced them with? You still going to need some sort of balanced diet. Like I said I stopped sweets and alcohol but thats just unnecessary extras, and i avoid chilli and eggs, but still drink plenty of water, porridge, fruits and veg and filling meals.

I have trouble maintaining weight on a paleo diet. Supposedly you can maintain or gain weight by using a lot of good oils or ghee in your cooking, which I have tried, but without starches I can eat and eat and not gain. I do exercise a lot more than the average person too, so it's extra hard. So that's my two cents.

Edited by Green Gables

Yea i dropped a lot of weight because of paleo. But now that i am getting more used to it, I am figuring out how to eat more. At first I didn't have a lot of options. So I am going to try and bulk up now.

Well that's good then. I have personally never followed any particular diet, i've just notice some intolerance to certain foods and avoided them

lol. Just coz u don't eat certain foods it doesn't mean weight loss. u fill those missing calories with more of those foods which u can eat.

I stopped eating dairy for the most part and started supplementing with zinc. Other than that, clean as a whistle (bar hyperpigmentation).

I'm thin/athletic but I want to be. My body became SO much better once I began giving up gluten and other bad foods. It completely changed, actually. I used to be very thin with no butt and a huge stomach, almost no boobs. I now believe it was because my body was so poisoned that I never developed properly. After giving up gluten my body began to change in my mid-twenties. I developed way more of an hourglass figure. My boobs grew like a cup size. I got hips and ass! This all happened in like one year after giving up gluten, it was pretty crazy.

All my life I'd never been able to gain weight, but once I began healing (key word BEGAN, it's been a long uphill process) my intestines, I could digest food better so I at least got into a position where I could gain weight if I really tried. But now that I'm older I don't want to, I want to keep my youthful body.

I'm thin/athletic but I want to be. My body became SO much better once I began giving up gluten and other bad foods. It completely changed, actually. I used to be very thin with no butt and a huge stomach, almost no boobs. I now believe it was because my body was so poisoned that I never developed properly. After giving up gluten my body began to change in my mid-twenties. I developed way more of an hourglass figure. My boobs grew like a cup size. I got hips and ass! This all happened in like one year after giving up gluten, it was pretty crazy.

All my life I'd never been able to gain weight, but once I began healing (key word BEGAN, it's been a long uphill process) my intestines, I could digest food better so I at least got into a position where I could gain weight if I really tried. But now that I'm older I don't want to, I want to keep my youthful body.

will u go out with me?? :P

is anyone else real thin due to following an acne diet and or avoiding certain things like dairy etc..

my weight has been constant frm 10th grade.. weird han?? but doesnt matter if i eat less or more its always the same!! and i want 2 gain weight :(

I've lost about 8-10 pounds since I started dieting for acne. Not paleo, but reduced/eliminated dairy and grains/gluten. But I am naturally a very skinny person with a high metabolism. My arms and legs don't look any skinnier, my stomach is just more flat. People were surprised I weighed 150-155 before, considering how skinny I am. It was all in my gut.

is anyone else real thin due to following an acne diet and or avoiding certain things like dairy etc..

No. I'm about the size I should be now even though I eat more food. Of course I get my calories from real food now, not sodas, sweets and refined grains.