Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does this apply to dermainfusion silkpeels as well?

http://rebeccafitzge...m/silkpeel.html

This is basically just a form of microdermabrasion. Regular microdermabrasion sessions are good for improving skin texture, but they don't do anything for scars.

ah, ic. So that dermalinfusion silkpeel is not the same as wat the topic starter said, i.e.: "The top layer of your skin is not replaceble and you take that off with TCA or your choice of acid and will be hard to rebuild"

thanks

But that statement isn't necessarily true either.

This is basically just a form of microdermabrasion. Regular microdermabrasion sessions are good for improving skin texture, but they don't do anything for scars.

ah, ic. So that dermalinfusion silkpeel is not the same as wat the topic starter said, i.e.: "The top layer of your skin is not replaceble and you take that off with TCA or your choice of acid and will be hard to rebuild"

thanks

Could it be true with microdermabrasion? I.E., the skin permanently loses its protective layer (even after one session)?

thanks

Could it be true with microdermabrasion? I.E., the skin permanently loses its protective layer (even after one session)?

That's pretty much impossible.

You would need a treatment that removes literally millimeters of skin all across the affected area. Only real dermabrasion and fully ablative CO2 lasers do that. Microdermabrasion basically removes dead skin cells and smooths out very minor irregularities.

There's a pretty big difference between microdermabrasion and dermabrasion.

This is microdermabrasion:

This is dermabrasion:

The OP pretty much contradicts himself with his advice. Dermabrasion literally sands down your face and removes the top layer that he's advising against. It is a risky procedure.

I've done 5 sessions of microdermabrasion. I actually paid for 10 as part of a package. It does nothing for acne scars.