Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyza

Why Does My Acne Never Come To A Head? (Puss Deep Inside)

My acne recently doesnt come to a head! Sometimes I just have to prick it with a pin and sqeeze it hard before the puss comes out. This usually leaves my skin swollen and leaves a horrible mark. Before my skin used to come to a head and I could easily pop and it easily heals but now the puss lies deep within the spot and it just stays on my skin if I leave it. It doesnt even go down by itself it just stays on my skin until I have to pop it. Anyone ever get this?

sounds like cystic acne. popping it iwith a pin is not a good idea you will likely be left with permanent scarring. i dont have experience with the regimen clearing pu cystic acne but i did used to suffer from cystic acne and the only thing that cleared it was accutane. Depending on how severe your acne is your dr. may prescribe you accutane. good luck

My acne recently doesnt come to a head! Sometimes I just have to prick it with a pin and sqeeze it hard before the puss comes out. This usually leaves my skin swollen and leaves a horrible mark. Before my skin used to come to a head and I could easily pop and it easily heals but now the puss lies deep within the spot and it just stays on my skin if I leave it. It doesnt even go down by itself it just stays on my skin until I have to pop it. Anyone ever get this?

Cystic acne. Usually caused by a hormonal imbalance or a leaky gut. Forcing these guys to pop is going to scar you.

Also, sometimes acne can remain underneath the skin longer than normal if your skin is dehydrated. This is the catch-22 of using things like sulfur and BP. While BP kills bacteria and sulfur will help skin flake off, by dehydrating the skin you encourage cysts to stay underground. My skin heals much faster when it is well hydrated.

I have the same problem if I don't prick it with a pin and force the puss out it stays around forever! So frustrating. What do you do after you mess with it to help it heal faster? I'm always left with swollen mess.

I have the same problem if I don't prick it with a pin and force the puss out it stays around forever! So frustrating. What do you do after you mess with it to help it heal faster? I'm always left with swollen mess.

Don't do this to your cystic acne, as it really does make scars if forced out. I got my nastiest scar from squeezing a cyst. Go see a derm ASAP for a cortizone shot. They really work. Get yourself on the proper, doctor-prescribed meds to clear out the existing acne infection.

Then, start eating a low-glycemic index, dairy-free diet. This will help to regulate your hormones, thus preventing the cysts from forming. Do your research on probiotics. I love water kefir for digestive health. If you're curious about these topics, I'd be more than happy to link you further information.

Don't smoke, or drink grain-based or sugary alcoholic beverages. Go easy on the coffee.

Hope this helps,

Cherry

Yes I used to get those kind a lot! Epsom salt has been the only thing that works for those underground pimples. It takes about 4 days before you see results. I use Epsom salt to wash my face everyday. Since using the Epsom salt I don't get them anymore.

Yes I used to get those kind a lot! Epsom salt has been the only thing that works for those underground pimples. It takes about 4 days before you see results. I use Epsom salt to wash my face everyday. Since using the Epsom salt I don't get them anymore.

I have seriously never heard of this before. Using Epsom salt. I've taken it in my bath in the wintertime in order to alleviate soreness, but I wasn't aware of people using it for cystic acne.

Sometimes, I get a cyst in my chin once a month. Doesn't seem to matter how healthy I eat, or what supplements I am taking, I still get that one damn cyst.

Can you please provide me with more detail about your Epsom salt regimen? Or, if anyone else out there is reading this reply and uses Epsom salt for cysts, would you fill me in on how you treat your cysts with it? rolleyes.gif

I splash my face with warm water several times to open my pores, massage( lightly ) a palm full of the epsom salt onto my face. I let the Epsom salt sit on my face for about ten mins or until it's dry. Rinse off with warm water and go about the rest of your face care routine. I do this morning and night. You can also do this in the bath. When I take an Epsom salt bath I do the same thing but I drap a warm damp wash cloth over my face and relax.

You can mix it up however you like. Just don't mix it with soap it defeats the purpose. I think cetaphil should be fine because it's a non soap. I've made a green tea and Epsom salt toner before it worked pretty well.

Drape*

I splash my face with warm water several times to open my pores, massage( lightly ) a palm full of the epsom salt onto my face. I let the Epsom salt sit on my face for about ten mins or until it's dry. Rinse off with warm water and go about the rest of your face care routine. I do this morning and night. You can also do this in the bath. When I take an Epsom salt bath I do the same thing but I drap a warm damp wash cloth over my face and relax.

You can mix it up however you like. Just don't mix it with soap it defeats the purpose. I think cetaphil should be fine because it's a non soap. I've made a green tea and Epsom salt toner before it worked pretty well.

Drape*

Nice. Thanks. I'll have to try this the next time a cyst appears on my chin.

Yes you defiantly should smile.png

Have you ever tried mint toothpaste, or anything like that on a cyst? Ashamedly, I have done this a few times in moments of desperation. It does actually seem to work. But it is so harsh-feeling. I am wondering if toothpaste is alright to use sometimes, or if it really isn't very good for the skin at all.

Toothpaste has never worked for me. I feel like tea tree oil works on the painfull big cysts. I use 100% when I have it. I just use it as a spot treatment because its too drying to use all over unless you dilute it. The tea tree oil numbs and heals the infected area. I also use it when I accidentally burn myself.

Edited by a.p.

Toothpaste has never worked for me. I feel like tea tree oil works on the painfull big cysts. I use 100% when I have it. I just use it as a spot treatment because its too drying to use all over unless you dilute it. The tea tree oil numbs and heals the infected area. I also use it when I accidentally burn myself.

Gotcha. I have never really felt like tea tree oil has done much for me. Although, I haven't given it much of a shot before and only used products containing the tea tree oil, and not the 100% stuff. I may have to try it, as well.

Thanks for all your help. rolleyes.gif

Gotcha. I have never really felt like tea tree oil has done much for me. Although, I haven't given it much of a shot before and only used products containing the tea tree oil, and not the 100% stuff. I may have to try it, as well.

No problem :) I just buy my tea tree oil from cvs or Walgreens. It's around $10 for a 1oz bottle. There are probably better brands out there but I don't spend a lot of money on skin care. Epsom salt, bp, sulfur ointment, aha cream, bentonite clay and SPF are my secret weapons for fighting acne. They're all inexpensive.

Edited by a.p.

No problem smile.png I just buy my tea tree oil from cvs or Walgreens. It's around $10 for a 1oz bottle. There are probably better brands out there but I don't spend a lot of money on skin care. Epsom salt, bp, sulfur ointment, aha cream, bentonite clay and SPF are my secret weapons for fighting acne. They're all inexpensive.

Wow! I guess it's time to make a Walgreen's stop, then. What exactly is your method for applying the tea tree oil on a cyst?

No problem smile.png I just buy my tea tree oil from cvs or Walgreens. It's around $10 for a 1oz bottle. There are probably better brands out there but I don't spend a lot of money on skin care. Epsom salt, bp, sulfur ointment, aha cream, bentonite clay and SPF are my secret weapons for fighting acne. They're all inexpensive.

Wow! I guess it's time to make a Walgreen's stop, then. What exactly is your method for applying the tea tree oil on a cyst?

I just dip a q tip inside the bottle and spot treat the pimple. There will be a plastic piece that won't let you dip anything inside the bottle. I usually just take it off. Or you can leave it on. The plastic piece has a small hole so you can turn the bottle upside down and shake it onto a cotton ball or into a small container. Hope this makes sense.

I just dip a q tip inside the bottle and spot treat the pimple. There will be a plastic piece that won't let you dip anything inside the bottle. I usually just take it off. Or you can leave it on. The plastic piece has a small hole so you can turn the bottle upside down and shake it onto a cotton ball or into a small container. Hope this makes sense.

It makes perfect sense. You've been really helpful to me. I appreciate it so much! rolleyes.gif Can't wait to try it out when that pesky chin-cyst I have appears next.

It makes perfect sense. You've been really helpful to me. I appreciate it so much! rolleyes.gif Can't wait to try it out when that pesky chin-cyst I have appears next.

Okay great!! You're welcome :)