Notifications
Clear all

Junk Food That Doesnt Contain Suger.. Pls Help.

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 08/29/2012 1:15 am

ohkay guys i will be going to college soon n i know that even a Little amount of sugar causes me acne.. m not allergic to wheat or gluten though.. so what all junk foods are safe for me 2 eat when i m out?? n yeah they should contain 0% sugar.. i just cant think of any.. do burgers contain sugar?? coz white bread does..

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 08/29/2012 6:46 am

First I think you should eliminate the words "junk food" from your mind. Why do you need to eat ANY junk food? Going to college doesn't somehow mean that you can't eat healthy. To answer your question, no, a burger doesn't contain sugar, but I can't speak for burgers from fast food restaurants. Who knows what's in those... most of it probably isn't even real meat.

If you want burgers, get a lil stove and grill up some grass fed beef, it's the best way! :)

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 08/29/2012 8:22 am

First I think you should eliminate the words "junk food" from your mind. Why do you need to eat ANY junk food? Going to college doesn't somehow mean that you can't eat healthy. To answer your question, no, a burger doesn't contain sugar, but I can't speak for burgers from fast food restaurants. Who knows what's in those... most of it probably isn't even real meat.

If you want burgers, get a lil stove and grill up some grass fed beef, it's the best way! smile.png

but what if m out n hungry?? there shud b one safe bet that i can eat!!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 08/29/2012 2:07 pm

If you want burgers, get a lil stove and grill up some grass fed beef, it's the best way! smile.png

I dunno. Perhaps there is. Someone else would be able to answer this better for you. I've altered my entire lifestyle in an effort to heal my skin and health. I haven't eaten out for three years now and haven't touched "junk" food for a long time before that.

When I'm out and I get hungry (doesn't usually happen because I'm one of those ultra-prepared people who brings a bottle of water and snacks with them everywhere) I just stop by a grocery store and get some bananas, some dates, a jar of kimchi (raw pickled cabbage), or an apple.

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 08/30/2012 12:20 am

I dunno. Perhaps there is. Someone else would be able to answer this better for you. I've altered my entire lifestyle in an effort to heal my skin and health. I haven't eaten out for three years now and haven't touched "junk" food for a long time before that.

When I'm out and I get hungry (doesn't usually happen because I'm one of those ultra-prepared people who brings a bottle of water and snacks with them everywhere) I just stop by a grocery store and get some bananas, some dates, a jar of kimchi (raw pickled cabbage), or an apple.

but fruits break me out 2!! sad.png especially banana.. well no reply means there is no fast food without sugar.. but if that's the price for clear skin then guess i will only have 2 live with water when i m out..

thnx for ur reply :)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 08/30/2012 9:28 am

I'm sorry for suggesting fruits if they break you out. Do you experience this with all fruits? Are you able to do juices? Places like jamba juice might be able to offer you something like fresh carrot juice, just be careful about allergens. There are more and more juice bars and smoothie places opening up these days, which benefits people on limited diets.

If you really don't think you are bothered by gluten and wheat then there are probably a lot of places you could eat. Gluten is the main issue that prevents me from eating out. It's in/on everything.

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 08/31/2012 10:31 pm

no need 2 apologize! n i wont b going this semester.. :( i decided will join from next semester coz i want 2 get clear 1st.. also i drink carrot juice everyday at home, which allergens i should i be careful about!? i dint get u properly there..

n i dont knw bout all fruits but these definately do.. mango(breaks me out like hell), banana, papaya.. so for present have left all fruits out right now n also juices.. m on a elimination diet so.. acne has gone down a lot (touch wood) so i guess m on the right track..

things m not eating at present

white rice

white bread

sugar

potato

dairy

fruits

nuts

m also going for an intolerance test next week.. i guess that will make me more clear as 2 what i can n cant eat..

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 09/01/2012 8:47 am

I just mean that if you get stuff from Jamba Juice or other juice bars, they sometimes don't wash the blenders very well in between making smoothies. There may be things like soymilk, wheatgrass, etc around. So if you think anything might bother you (I'm not saying that it will), be sure to tell the workers who serve you that you have allergies and would like a freshly washed blender.

I did this once at a local juice bar and the bitch behind the counter actually ROLLED HER EYES at me like I was being a diva or something. Needless to say I never went there again and that was one of the last times I ever ate out anywhere. Personally I just don't feel it's worth it, but I'm sure there are other places where the employees are trained to know about allergens--not to mention customer service.

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 09/02/2012 1:54 pm

haha lolz.. that bitch! :P i figured out what to do though.. since i have nothing 2 do for 6 months i m going to learn cooking.. this way i will be sure that i m not eating stuff m intolerant to n plus may be impress girls in future :P

i know this is not the solution i was looking for but my skin is clear now and i want it to stay that way so.. neutral.gif

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/03/2012 1:06 pm

Go to places like chipotle or mission burrito. Get tacos in non-fried corn tortillas or get Bowls. If you must, you could also try subway and quiznos where you can get things in salad form, but be careful about the dressings, which should be vinaigrette but they add sugar to them, especially if they are some kind of berry vinaigrette. But note that deli meats should be avoided, so try not to do this too often.

Also, carry food with you.

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 10/12/2012 8:52 am

Junk food without junk. There's a concept. I think they call it "food", it's available in shops.

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 10/20/2012 10:24 am

Pork rinds!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/20/2012 3:49 pm

Burrito places like chipotle. And get it in bowl form or the tacos on corn tortillas but not if they fry them.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/21/2012 11:47 am

Gah, I used to love Chipotle. I wish I could still eat there. But they have wheat tortillas in there so it's just not worth the risk for me. :(

MemberMember
(@andywacho)

Posted : 10/22/2012 11:23 am

junk foods are harmfuyll for our body structure as they conytains oily products so thjere is chance for the fat growth.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/18/2012 1:47 pm

When you eat out- nothing is good for you. At home- search for some paleo dessert recipes and make them yourself