Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jacno

Whats The Minimum Course You Can Take For Accutane But Still Have Benefits

My backround:

Ive taken a 6 month (40mg 2 months, 80mg 4 months) course of accutane. 1 and a half months later my oily skin came back (i have to wash 3 to 4 times daily) and its been 5 months off and im starting to break out more. I get a chain (one grows, then disappears a week later, then another grows right after, sometimes 2 or 3) of sore pimples that dont eventually release its contents to th surface. They're just tender for 3 days, and go away 6 or 7 days. They dont scar thankfully but im afraid its just going to get worse and turn into what i had before accutane, scarring cysts.

Now i talked to my derm today and she said," so you want a month long course?" i thought "theres no way accutane can work that fast and keep the benifits" i asked for 3 months but im sure thats not long enough also.

So whats a good short length to take accutane? 3months? 4 months? 5months? She gave me 40mg for 2 months till i see her again to update

Edited by jacno

You should look into hormonal treatment instead. Check out the Hormonal forum or the Nutrition / Holistic forum. Sounds like Accutane just isn't working for you.

Edited by Green Gables