Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pleasegetridofit

Dermatologist Visit - What Can I Expect?

I'm 17, have tried everything from Proactiv to the Acne.org regimen and everything in between. Nothing works. My acne isn't THAT bad on most days but there always are 10+ whiteheads/red marks etc. around on my face. I can't take it anymore. Do I have a chance at getting better from whatever the dermatologist will prescribe me?

Yeah, you have a lot better chance. I had probably worse acne than you, and mine cleared up greatly with one of the products that they put me on. I went in my first time and was put on a prescription BP, it didn't really help all that much. After a few months they put me on Tazorac which really helped a lot. I've been using it 2+ years (i eventually stopped the BP myself) and it has worked wonders. Don't be embarrassed about your skin, they're there to help. Be as informative and helpful to your doctor aswell, because the correct information can help him find a better product for you.