Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovebug77

Regimen Users With Cystic Acne-How Long Did It Take You To Get All Clear?

I hear all sorts of feedback on how long people took to get clear. I really only want to hear from cystic acne sufferers...please how long did it really take? I am on week 10 and am still having breakouts. I just want to get a realistic view of what I am working with here...thanks in advance for your feedback!

im not really sure if my acne were cysts, but i think i had light cystic acne. i know ive had a nodule before, and pretty much all of my acne were under-the-skin ones, but they werent that big. when i used the regimen i cleared up in about 3 months, so id say for someone with regular cystic acne it would take 3-5months? its definitely normal not to be clear in 10weeks, most people are still breaking out at that time, so dont worry, the "what to expect" thingy on here isnt really accurate

really probably depends on the severity of your cysts and maybe location. Try and provide some more details.

im not really sure if my acne were cysts, but i think i had light cystic acne. i know ive had a nodule before, and pretty much all of my acne were under-the-skin ones, but they werent that big. when i used the regimen i cleared up in about 3 months, so id say for someone with regular cystic acne it would take 3-5months? its definitely normal not to be clear in 10weeks, most people are still breaking out at that time, so dont worry, the "what to expect" thingy on here isnt really accurate

What to do about the under-the-skin ones?i had a lots of nodules/cysts now my derm prescribed me prednisone with accutane , now they are gone but they entered my skin with redness on the surface..

What to do about the under-the-skin ones?i had a lots of nodules/cysts now my derm prescribed me prednisone with accutane , now they are gone but they entered my skin with redness on the surface..

what do you mean theyre gone but they entered your skin?? the nodules and cysts are gone but you still have acne under the skin? you kind of just have to let it take its course. theres not much you can do with stuff thats already there. ive never taken accutane so idk much about it, but i think anything you try to do is just to prevent future zits and you just have to let the existing acne heal. im not a doctor or anything, though, just speaking from experience. id tell you to spot treat the bad ones but idk how topicals work with stuff like accutane. definitely dont mess with them or pop them unless they come to a head and look gross lol. id rather have a flat pepperoni looking spot on my face than a 3D volcano :P

Yeah, I have already realized the what to expect thing isn't really realistic for most people. Some people are saying I should be clear in 12 weeks (I don't think that's gonna happen either), but it has slowed dramatically. Thanks for your input...

really probably depends on the severity of your cysts and maybe location. Try and provide some more details.

At my worst, I had about 13-15 cysts, usually on my cheeks. They were under the skin and would remain for several weeks to a month. Since The Regimen they come up faster, clear out faster and come to a head (sorry, gross) I am only dealing with 2 or 3 at a time. I think I may have a couple more months until I am totally clear...at least I am looking much better, this is tolerable.Thanks for your response.

I wouldn't count on The Regimen to clear true cystic acne. I could be misremembering, but I believe Dan does say somewhere that CYSTIC acne cannot be treated effectively with benzoyl peroxide. Cysts rarely come to a head and are very deep in the skin. BP just doesn't penetrate them.

Edited by Green Gables