Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovebug77

Regimen Users With Cystic Acne-How Long Did It Take You To Get All Clear?

I hear all sorts of feedback on how long people took to get clear. I really only want to hear from cystic acne sufferers...please how long did it really take? I am on week 10 and am still having breakouts. I just want to get a realistic view of what I am working with here...thanks in advance for your feedback!

What's the severity of your cystic acne? Where do you get it and how much? how often do they come?

Thanks guys. I have responded to you both on the cystic acne page..from what I see, I may be dealing with another month or two or more:(

Are you seeing any improvement thus far? Have you added in the AHA lotion yet? If not, that might be a good idea. Cystic acne can be very stubborn and doesn't always respond to topical treatments. If you don't start seeing any hopeful signs of progress soon, you should consider seeing a dermatologist, especially if you are starting to scar. Don't wait too long if you are starting to see scars, in my opinion.

If you were on accutane for 10 weeks your cystic acne would have remarkably reduced and by week 12-16 would be almost be completely gone. Cystic acne needs to be dealt with ASAP, If I were you id see a derm and get an accutane script. I had topicals and antibiotics when I should have been on accutane and i have the scars to prove it! good luck

@spots go away... Accutane should be a last resort... It isn't for everyone and can be extremely harmful to users... Dermatologists only prescribe accutane only after other options have been exhausted (which can take months)... There are no guarantees that your acne will not return even after being on accutane and often times, the user has a plethora of health issues after ceasing accutane usage... just a fact... Besides, lovebug77 was asking about the duration of cystic acne while on Dan's regimen, this is not an accutane related question... To answer your question lovebug77, it took about 4 months for the cystic breakouts to cease on DKR... I don't get cysts any longer, so long as I stick to the regimen... Don't get discouraged, you are almost there... :)

Are you seeing any improvement thus far? Have you added in the AHA lotion yet? If not, that might be a good idea. Cystic acne can be very stubborn and doesn't always respond to topical treatments. If you don't start seeing any hopeful signs of progress soon, you should consider seeing a dermatologist, especially if you are starting to scar. Don't wait too long if you are starting to see scars, in my opinion.

I have used AHA several times and I am not sure if it helps or not. It seems like when I use it, the next week I have new cysts that pop up. I don't know if I should keep trying it or not. Not knowing what to do is overwhelming. A dermatologist is what started my acne to begin with, I don't trust them and never will. i went to a Dr. for blackheads, he told me to stop using Benzoyl Peroxide, put me on retin-a and since then I have had chronic cystic acne. I have since gone back to him, gone to three other Drs and everyone does the "let's put you on antibiotics routine" which doesn't help and ruins your intestinal tract. I am unable to use Accutane because I have a chronic illness. I am on week 11. My cysts have lessened a lot and I am hoping/praying The Regimen will work but will take a little more time as this is my last option!

@spots go away... Accutane should be a last resort... It isn't for everyone and can be extremely harmful to users... Dermatologists only prescribe accutane only after other options have been exhausted (which can take months)... There are no guarantees that your acne will not return even after being on accutane and often times, the user has a plethora of health issues after ceasing accutane usage... just a fact... Besides, lovebug77 was asking about the duration of cystic acne while on Dan's regimen, this is not an accutane related question... To answer your question lovebug77, it took about 4 months for the cystic breakouts to cease on DKR... I don't get cysts any longer, so long as I stick to the regimen... Don't get discouraged, you are almost there... smile.png

Hi nycqueen..thanks so much for responding. I am getting so frustrated. My skin looks like crap with all these red marks. I have a few indentations (nothing too deep, but the red marks are making me sick!). I am going to keep with it. I don't have any other options. Thanks for getting this thread back to the subject I was asking about. I can't take accutane and if I could I am not sure I would, anyway. What do you think about AHA? I saw your comments about using it as a spot treatment vs all over...how are you using it now? Would you recommend it? Does it help your cysts? HELP! Thanks so much and I really appreciate your help...people like you keep me going on this thing;)

I was on accutane & let me tell you the side effects were awful! Def not worth everything thing I went through, cause as you know lovebug I am still suffering with cystic ance so it obviously didnt work for me. My derm took one look at my face and said accutane was my only option!!? Seems lazy to me but at the time I was desperate so I tried it. Ugh, never again. Plus I've seen commercials talking about how it caused major health problems with people! I know you said you can't go on it anyways, but I'm just saying.. lol. Tomorrow will be my 4 week mark! Woo-hoo! Hopefully less than 3 more months till clear skin! Hope yours is even quicker:)

So, honestly my skin was slow to really respond well to retin-A for the first 3 to 4 months. After that though I could tell my skin was consistently improving. slow but steady wins the race in my opinion. BTW retin-a and accutane are very similar in the fact that they are both synthetic derivatives of vitamin A. accutane just overdoses your body with the synthetic vitamin A from within and retin-a is just topically doing that. so yeah lol. But, anywhooo I have been and still continue to use retin-a for 8 months and currently use retin-a micro .1%. I have had amazing results I'll post some pics but, also you can go to my profile to see how my skin went through the process. ALSO my skin got soo inflamed as well when I was on the cream version the micro is much much gentler because they put the synthetic vitamin A in tiny little (microscopic) capsules that release the medicine evenly throughout the night instead of the cream which does it all at once. And retin-a fights scarring really well too.

at my worst...

today...

Don't loose hope keep with it and I think you will see the results you desire!

So, honestly my skin was slow to really respond well to retin-A for the first 3 to 4 months. After that though I could tell my skin was consistently improving. slow but steady wins the race in my opinion. BTW retin-a and accutane are very similar in the fact that they are both synthetic derivatives of vitamin A. accutane just overdoses your body with the synthetic vitamin A from within and retin-a is just topically doing that. so yeah lol. But, anywhooo I have been and still continue to use retin-a for 8 months and currently use retin-a micro .1%. I have had amazing results I'll post some pics but, also you can go to my profile to see how my skin went through the process. ALSO my skin got soo inflamed as well when I was on the cream version the micro is much much gentler because they put the synthetic vitamin A in tiny little (microscopic) capsules that release the medicine evenly throughout the night instead of the cream which does it all at once. And retin-a fights scarring really well too.

at my worst...

today...

Don't loose hope keep with it and I think you will see the results you desire!

I was prescribed atralin and it was a disaster, never again. I am just doing Dan's regimen and I was asking about people's results using the regimen and nothing else. Thanks for your response but I am not using retin-a.