Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReneeAwen

... Is She Serious?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztXsSx0_87I

How many times have you guys come across this "facial placement of acne" or "mapping your acne" stuff ?

This YouYube video has over 1 million views and 15558 likes and only 954 dislikes!

I'm just curious as to whether or not there's any LEGITIMATE proof to this, it seems entirely too strait forward to me. Not only do I get acne in all these places, I have had health checkups and blood work done all my life. There is no way I could be having lung, heart, liver, and sexual organ issues all at the same time.

I'm not trying to upset or jeopardize anyone's opinions or feelings about this, I am just curious as to how and/or why this came about...

http://www.wordever.com/clip/9531.html

http://saloca.hubpag...cne-telling-you

http://www.skinacea....e-face-map.html

Does anyone have any helpful advice for people who come across these kinds of things? Does anyone have any evidence that this works? Doesn't work? Related posts?? Thanks so much! smile.png

Edited by TreatAcne

It hasn't been true for me. I'm pretty sure all of my acne is caused by my leaky gut and the eruptions come out everywhere. Although when I'm having a specific allergic reaction (like something that really bothers my body such as gluten, not only general leaky gut reactions) I do notice I get acne in weird patterns. Like, mirrored patterns, big eruptions that are the exact same spot on both sides of my face. I've read this is common in celiacs. But I don't think it's as simple as "spot here, broken organ here."

It has never applied to me, I notice that my acne always migrates for no reason, like my forehead breaks out while my cheeks/mouth area are pretty clear, and then a month or so later my forehead gets a lot better and my cheeks/mouth area breaks out again! But I will admit that wheat makes me break out in between my eyebrows more often and masturbation makes me break out on my chin/jawline area only.

I definitely believe that hormonal acne is related to the chin/jawline. Most derms have told me that. I would also always get worse acne on my right cheek than my left cheek. No idea why though, I don't ever talk on the phone or touch my face, and I sleep on my back.

I'd also like to point out that this incredibly clear skinned girl, who "didn't do her hair today" (and yet still has perfect hair) may not be an expert on our issue. wink.png

LMAO. Reminds me of those celebrities who've had maybe 5 zits in their whole life on Proactive commercials lol.

My degree in Physiology is cringing at this. Well there's my opinion...

These are generally a big load of bullshit.

Nice to know I wasn't the only one with that first impression.

It hasn't been true for me. I'm pretty sure all of my acne is caused by my leaky gut and the eruptions come out everywhere. Although when I'm having a specific allergic reaction (like something that really bothers my body such as gluten, not only general leaky gut reactions) I do notice I get acne in weird patterns. Like, mirrored patterns, big eruptions that are the exact same spot on both sides of my face. I've read this is common in celiacs. But I don't think it's as simple as "spot here, broken organ here."

Thanks so much for your input :). Leaky gut? What's that? o_0...

It has never applied to me, I notice that my acne always migrates for no reason, like my forehead breaks out while my cheeks/mouth area are pretty clear, and then a month or so later my forehead gets a lot better and my cheeks/mouth area breaks out again! But I will admit that wheat makes me break out in between my eyebrows more often and masturbation makes me break out on my chin/jawline area only.

Mine too! I have NO patter whatsoever, EVERYONE can clearly see this in my galleries. Currently for the past month it's been swapped all over my neck now and that has never happened before. It's like it's migrated down with cysts showing up on my forehead, jaw, and even behind my ears! I was like "Zuh?"...

I'd also like to point out that this incredibly clear skinned girl, who "didn't do her hair today" (and yet still has perfect hair) may not be an expert on our issue. wink.png

As I said before, first impressions were also BS to me too! Thanks so much, that made me laugh! XD

I definitely believe that hormonal acne is related to the chin/jawline. Most derms have told me that. I would also always get worse acne on my right cheek than my left cheek. No idea why though, I don't ever talk on the phone or touch my face, and I sleep on my back.

I get the worst of my acne around there too, and my right side IS worse than my left too. Unfortunately I sleep on my side or always end up waking up on my side.

LMAO. Reminds me of those celebrities who've had maybe 5 zits in their whole life on Proactive commercials lol.

My degree in Physiology is cringing at this. Well there's my opinion...

Lol!! But I still appreciate the feedback so thanks so much :).

that girl actually used to have cystic acne as a teenager. she mentioned it in one of her videos. she struggled with acne for over 9 years.

that girl actually used to have cystic acne as a teenager. she mentioned it in one of her videos. she struggled with acne for over 9 years.

and magically it disappeared lol... she didn't exactly tell us her cure.

To me it seems that, eating something I am intolerant to.. like some sauce, hydrogenated oil, processed stuff... causes pimples around my cheek and mouth.

Sugary food mostly causes oiliness and breakouts below my mouth and around the T-zone.

That's something I've noticed, I started taking saw palmetto, and my skin is like rlly dry now. 3rd day.

I'll see.

These kind of beliefs that you can diagnose internal problems by looking at signs at certain parts of the body are quite common in older healing traditions, especially from Asia. Other variations include the tongue, eyes and one acupuncturist even claims he can tell you what's wrong with you by diagnosing your ear (because ear sort of resembles fetus, goes his rationalization). Needless to say, the accuracy of these diagnostics is never better than pure chance.

Yeah, I was mostly kidding. It just seemed funny but it's true that someone who has cleared their acne would be good at giving advice. I was once the clear skinned girl giving advice on these forums. *sigh* I want to go back to those days, lol.