Notifications
Clear all

Hi.. Would Like To Ask For Some Help 🙂

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/23/2012 5:33 pm

Hello everyone,

This site is really cozy as I read through the forums. My mom and younger brothered referred me here when I asked how he managed to control his acne and they told me that they got the advice/products from this site so right now I'm hoping to give it a go too.

So like I just arrived here in the US like a year ago and since before then my acne wasn't that much of a problem to me. Though I had a really bad history of acne back when I was in my adolescence since on my father's side they really had some issues regarding acne. My acne started to stop being a problem when I got into college probably around when I was 17. There where times where it breaks out but not that much of a problem. I also workout so I usually take in whey protein and control my diet ( except my cheat days XD ).

So my problem started around April when we visited Las Vegas. I reckon it was probably because of the heat and weather at that time that caused the break out. Later in May I visited Texas and I guess that's when things went of hand. Luckily though the worst part only occured on my left side while my right side had a milder break out. I don't follow a regimen when I take care of my face but right now its already annoying how it breaks out.

The products that I've been using on my face are the daily face wash for Men by Neutrogena. The shaving cream for Men by Neutrogena and a daily face lotion with spf 15 from Neutrogena. My cousin though recommend to my the clearasil 4hr cream with 10% BP for the growing acne but somehow I think its what caused them to become bigger. Luckily though right now on my left side the acne aren't inflamed anymore but you can still see the red spots.

I've also included some pics to this one so you can grade how bad the acne is and if you can recommend a change in the products that I am currently using. And if you can suggest products for a full regimen so I that I can start taking care of my face. I'm also gonna ask my bro on what products that he got from here that treated his acne.

Sorry if this post was too long. I think I've placed my introduction and problem together. XD\

Edit: Somehow the pictures are supposedly in portrait already but when I upload it here it turns to landscape. ~_~

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/23/2012 7:09 pm

Hmm well it seems like you stick to your regimen very well and have good intentions with it but maybe BP just isn't for you. 10% is also a lot. Have you tried using the "regimen" before, like 2.5% BP? I know it didn't help me a bit with my skin but some people swear by it.

What does your diet look like and do you have any gastrointestinal, liver, or immune problems? Sometimes things like that can only make acne worse.

Your skin doesn't look too bad, you just need a good regimen. :)

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/23/2012 10:42 pm

Hmm well it seems like you stick to your regimen very well and have good intentions with it but maybe BP just isn't for you. 10% is also a lot. Have you tried using the "regimen" before, like 2.5% BP? I know it didn't help me a bit with my skin but some people swear by it.

What does your diet look like and do you have any gastrointestinal, liver, or immune problems? Sometimes things like that can only make acne worse.

Your skin doesn't look too bad, you just need a good regimen. smile.png

I haven't tried using "regimen" but my brother has and his skin has greatly improved though. I'm not supposedly the type that cares to much of my face ever since it got better but now that its breaking out I'm totally considering putting effort in taking care of it especially when it seems like its caused by also a change in the seasons.

For diet, my usual eating habits is just the regular type I guess. Since I'm cutting down right now I'm on a high protein diet. I've also read around the forums somehow that some people get acne during heavy lifting but I've never gotten acne through lifting though. I'm trying to really pin point what might have caused the sudden break out aside from the weather. And No, I don't have such problems though. :)

Yeah, hopefully some more forum people can give me a heads up of what good stuff to use to clear these out and maintain a good clear one.

I'm also hoping to hear more though about this site's "regimen" product. I know it worked for my bro and might give it a try since we might have the same sensitivity but I'm looking forward to more info about it or alternative products.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/25/2012 3:24 pm

Oh that is so great to hear. You sound active and sweat can really help rid your pores of all those nasty impurities. So really lifting can only help. I would say whey powder and stuff like that may cause breakouts and that might be why they associate the two.

Changing in seasons, like when it's hotter you get oily and thus more blemishes or when it's colder your skin gets dry and you get more blemishes?

Yeah I've heard great things about the regimen and hopefully your skin likes BP because a lot of people on here give up because it's such a hard medicine to get used to for some. Just try it out. It's easy and honestly cheaper than most other regimens.

MemberMember
(@ashpan85)

Posted : 08/25/2012 5:37 pm

Hey there seems like you have a similar problem as mine. Even I was having similar break outs for quite a while and even decided to quit lifting and high protein diet kind of stuff because none of the regimens seemed to work and the acne was persistent. I went through a lot of forums to check if my diet or lifting has anything to do with it. So, after a little introspection and a bit of research I figured that my diet was not holistic, I was having eggs, meat n whey protein supplements all throughout the day with a little veggies.

Its been 3 weeks plus since I have made little changes in my diet and I'm seeing results. So, apart from the regular diet which I was taking I have now included Papaya as an everyday fruit. I eat one everyday, as it helps in breaking down my protein and the second inclusion which I have made is drinking lime juice at least 2 - 3 times day. Other than that there is nothing special I'm doing. Of course I have to stick to routine face washing and bp stuff but I guess I have seen quite an improvement . Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/25/2012 9:46 pm

Hey there seems like you have a similar problem as mine. Even I was having similar break outs for quite a while and even decided to quit lifting and high protein diet kind of stuff because none of the regimens seemed to work and the acne was persistent. I went through a lot of forums to check if my diet or lifting has anything to do with it. So, after a little introspection and a bit of research I figured that my diet was not holistic, I was having eggs, meat n whey protein supplements all throughout the day with a little veggies.

Its been 3 weeks plus since I have made little changes in my diet and I'm seeing results. So, apart from the regular diet which I was taking I have now included Papaya as an everyday fruit. I eat one everyday, as it helps in breaking down my protein and the second inclusion which I have made is drinking lime juice at least 2 - 3 times day. Other than that there is nothing special I'm doing. Of course I have to stick to routine face washing and bp stuff but I guess I have seen quite an improvement . Hope this helps.

Hey man thanks for this reply. So having a protein rich diet seems to cause some breakouts then? Well just as of this week I'm also starting to incorporate vegetables and fruits in my diet. I also only drink whey protein post-workout since I get enough protein from my lunch and dinner which consists of chicken. I'm wondering though if you still incorporated egg to your current revamped diet? I usually have 1 whole egg + 1 egg white scrambled for my breakfast wheat bread. So far with my current diet rich in protein there hasn't been any significant breakouts but it wouldn't hurt to be more cautious. I am thinking of also going with carrot juice since I love the taste of sweet carrots lol .

Can I ask regarding your routine? Do you use this website's products or do you use alternatives?

Oh that is so great to hear. You sound active and sweat can really help rid your pores of all those nasty impurities. So really lifting can only help. I would say whey powder and stuff like that may cause breakouts and that might be why they associate the two.

Changing in seasons, like when it's hotter you get oily and thus more blemishes or when it's colder your skin gets dry and you get more blemishes?

Yeah I've heard great things about the regimen and hopefully your skin likes BP because a lot of people on here give up because it's such a hard medicine to get used to for some. Just try it out. It's easy and honestly cheaper than most other regimens.

Yeah something similar to that. My skin here in California seemed pretty okay but when I went to Las Vegas and Texas for vacation my acne started to break out. I'm probably gonna try using it since my mom says she'll vouched for the my first time with it just to see if it suits my skin. If it does I'm gonna post improvements here. :)

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/25/2012 10:02 pm

Hmm in Las Vegas my skin always completely clears, which is a perfect example of how different people are. Also, can you attribute anything else to those times you were there? Maybe particular dieting choices or less face washing?

Texas makes sense because it is pretty freaking humid but like I said it might have to do with something completely different. Maybe even a higher level of stress or something.

Sounds great I'd love to hear what works or doesn't work for you and good luck! Stay positive through everything. It will help more than you know.

Even the water you use to wash your face makes a difference. When I moved out I had the worst acne and trust me I was not very stressed and ate great and took care of my skin all the same but when I moved back home it got better. Definitely thanks to the water. Try using distilled water.

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/25/2012 10:28 pm

Hmm in Las Vegas my skin always completely clears, which is a perfect example of how different people are. Also, can you attribute anything else to those times you were there? Maybe particular dieting choices or less face washing?

Texas makes sense because it is pretty freaking humid but like I said it might have to do with something completely different. Maybe even a higher level of stress or something.

Sounds great I'd love to hear what works or doesn't work for you and good luck! Stay positive through everything. It will help more than you know.

Even the water you use to wash your face makes a difference. When I moved out I had the worst acne and trust me I was not very stressed and ate great and took care of my skin all the same but when I moved back home it got better. Definitely thanks to the water. Try using distilled water.

Upon reading what you said about Vegas I checked my photos when I was back in Vegas and to my surprise my skin was lot clearer then. ~_~ So my guess it was most probably Texas' doing. Though I must admit since it was a vacation my food intake really cranked up high to the point I gained 5lbs solid weight in my 3 months vacation. Towards though the end I started cutting back. I've just recently fixed my diet back to the usual so I'm hoping this will help.

Yeah I'm gonna update on stuff. Right now I went back to using cetaphil daily facial cleanser. Though it has SLS it worked for me before and I won't be using it too much till I can get an alternative. The only thing missing from my regimen right now is the BP.

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 08/25/2012 10:49 pm

Hello everyone,

This site is really cozy as I read through the forums. My mom and younger brothered referred me here when I asked how he managed to control his acne and they told me that they got the advice/products from this site so right now I'm hoping to give it a go too.

So like I just arrived here in the US like a year ago and since before then my acne wasn't that much of a problem to me. Though I had a really bad history of acne back when I was in my adolescence since on my father's side they really had some issues regarding acne. My acne started to stop being a problem when I got into college probably around when I was 17. There where times where it breaks out but not that much of a problem. I also workout so I usually take in whey protein and control my diet ( except my cheat days XD ).

So my problem started around April when we visited Las Vegas. I reckon it was probably because of the heat and weather at that time that caused the break out. Later in May I visited Texas and I guess that's when things went of hand. Luckily though the worst part only occured on my left side while my right side had a milder break out. I don't follow a regimen when I take care of my face but right now its already annoying how it breaks out.

The products that I've been using on my face are the daily face wash for Men by Neutrogena. The shaving cream for Men by Neutrogena and a daily face lotion with spf 15 from Neutrogena. My cousin though recommend to my the clearasil 4hr cream with 10% BP for the growing acne but somehow I think its what caused them to become bigger. Luckily though right now on my left side the acne aren't inflamed anymore but you can still see the red spots.

I've also included some pics to this one so you can grade how bad the acne is and if you can recommend a change in the products that I am currently using. And if you can suggest products for a full regimen so I that I can start taking care of my face. I'm also gonna ask my bro on what products that he got from here that treated his acne.

Sorry if this post was too long. I think I've placed my introduction and problem together. XD\

Edit: Somehow the pictures are supposedly in portrait already but when I upload it here it turns to landscape. ~_~

Welcome to the forums bro! I'll make this short and sweet. People who have problematic skin tend to break out more when lifting weights. This is especially true in my case as I have been acne free since I was 17-18 but when I began lifting weights on a daily basis at the age of 25 my acne came back with vengeance. This has something to do with an increase in DHT and/or Testosterone. My guess is your skin is fairly oily right? Happens to a lot of gym rats.

In any case, here is what I would suggest to you. Give the BP 5% that is sold on this site a try for a month or so. If you don't see results I would definitely recommend seeing a dermatologist. They will most likely start you out on antibiotics which work extremely well but can only be used for a 3 month period. The purpose of this is to give your skin a "fresh start" while the other topical medications that may be prescribed such as Differin and Aczone take effect (these medications can take up to 4-6 months to be 100% effective.) I personally have been on the Differin/Aczone regiment for about 2 years now with fantastic results.

In the meantime, make sure you use a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil or CeraVe and wash your face 2-3 times a day.

Good luck!

P.S.- I think the weather in Las Vegas has nothing to do with your breakouts but that is just 1 man's opinion. If anything, I would imagine the high temperature would cause you to sweat and unclog your pores more similar to effect a Sauna has on the skin. If heat had anything to do with acne then people would never breakout in Alaska or during the Winter here in California. People tend to over analyze cause/effect when it comes to acne. Sometimes acne just has a mind of its own and breakouts that coincide with a change in scenery is nothing more then a coincidence. But again, that is just my personal opinion.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/25/2012 10:50 pm

3 months vaca sounds amazing haha but yeah food can really affect your whole body, skin and all, especially sugary and greasy foods.

I really hate those creamy type face washes but they're good if you have dry skin. I like the ones that lather up real good and get into every nook and cranny. :P

I think you're on the right track and you can achieve great results if you stick with your regimen and keep positive.

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/25/2012 11:07 pm

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the forums bro! I'll make this short and sweet. People who have problematic skin tend to break out more when lifting weights. This is especially true in my case as I have been acne free since I was 17-18 but when I began lifting weights on a daily basis at the age of 25 my acne came back with vengeance. This has something to do with an increase in DHT and/or Testosterone. My guess is your skin is fairly oily right? Happens to a lot of gym rats.

In any case, here is what I would suggest to you. Give the BP 5% that is sold on this site a try for a month or so. If you don't see results I would definitely recommend seeing a dermatologist. They will most likely start you out on antibiotics which work extremely well but can only be used for a 3 month period. The purpose of this is to give your skin a "fresh start" while the other topical medications that may be prescribed such as Differin and Aczone take effect (these medications can take up to 4-6 months to be 100% effective.) I personally have been on the Differin/Aczone regiment for about 2 years now with fantastic results.

In the meantime, make sure you use a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil or CeraVe and wash your face 2-3 times a day.

Good luck!

P.S.- I think the weather in Las Vegas has nothing to do with your breakouts but that is just 1 man's opinion. If anything, I would imagine the high temperature would cause you to sweat and unclog your pores more similar to effect a Sauna has on the skin. If heat had anything to do with acne then people would never breakout in Alaska or during the Winter here in California. People tend to over analyze cause/effect when it comes to acne. Sometimes acne just has a mind of its own and breakouts that coincide with a change in scenery is nothing more then a coincidence. But again, that is just my personal opinion.

Thanks for the welcome man! In relation to acne breakouts with lifting, thing is I've never broken out before though while I was lifting. Yes, my skin tends to be fairly oily. Hmm.. I'm gonna try and see how things goes with this right now. Yeah I'm gonna give Dan's BP treatment a go though I think I'm gonna stick with cetaphil or cerave for the cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer. Thanks for the info!

Edit: I've been meaning to ask this to male forum people so hear it goes. Do we shave first before we cleanse or cleanse for then shave?

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 08/25/2012 11:27 pm

Hello everyone,

Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome man! In relation to acne breakouts with lifting, thing is I've never broken out before though while I was lifting. Yes, my skin tends to be fairly oily. Hmm.. I'm gonna try and see how things goes with this right now. Yeah I'm gonna give Dan's BP treatment a go though I think I'm gonna stick with cetaphil or cerave for the cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer. Thanks for the info!

Edit: I've been meaning to ask this to male forum people so hear it goes. Do we shave first before we cleanse or cleanse for then shave?

It is a very real possibility that in your case, weight lifting may have no impact at all in regards to your acne. A few things to keep in mind, it is not like you will instantly get a pimple as soon as your done lifting weights. The change in hormones takes place over a period of months of heavy lifting. I don't know how long or how serious your lifting has been but it took about 2 months of lifting before my acne got bad, my skin also went from being "normal" (from age 18-25) to extremely oily (25-28, at age 25 I began lifting seriously). And after chatting with other members who had the same problem as me that actually gave up lifting to test any change in acne, it took a few months for their acne to subside. Why this happens I will never know but I believe it takes time for the muscles and hormones to go back to a steady "normal" state.

In regards to your shaving, always cleanse before you shave IF you are doing a wet shave (with a normal razor blade.) However, if you use an electric shaver dry method, I usually shave before cleansing as it is easier to drag the electric razor across a completely dry face. I used normal razor blades and even double-edged razors (such as Merkur) for years and years but switching over to a high quality electric razor was the best thing I have ever done, especially for somebody with acne or sensitive skin. The old electric razors are terrible. They don't cut close, they pull hairs and they irritate the skin. But the electric razor I have which is the Panasonic ESK http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES-LA93-K-Multi-Flex-Dual-Motor-Rechargeable/dp/B002N5MHLK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1345955022&sr=8-4&keywords=panasonic+shaver+es-lv81-k is a GOD SEND FOR MAN! This razor cuts so close, does not irritate, and is especially great if you have acne breakouts. Nothing is worse then irritating or cutting pimples while shaving. It may not cut as close as a regular razor blade but who cares when you can shave 2-3 times a day in about 30 seconds. This shaver may be a bit expensive but you can actually buy this same model with out the cleaner/dryer dock at a discount. You can also buy the weaker motor models if your beard hairs aren't as thick as mine to save another 30-40 bucks.

Keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/25/2012 11:55 pm

It hasn't been over a year since I started lifting. I did it so as to lose weight but I do it regularly though. During that period there wasn't any major break out just the occasional white heads and blackheads. So probably that was why there wasn't any major breakouts. I currently use the gilette fusion proglide but I think I'm gonna buy normal razors since its a lot cheaper. Do you recommend any good cheap normal razors that is gentle to the skin?

MemberMember
(@ashpan85)

Posted : 08/26/2012 1:32 pm

Hey man thanks for this reply. So having a protein rich diet seems to cause some breakouts then? Well just as of this week I'm also starting to incorporate vegetables and fruits in my diet. I also only drink whey protein post-workout since I get enough protein from my lunch and dinner which consists of chicken. I'm wondering though if you still incorporated egg to your current revamped diet? I usually have 1 whole egg + 1 egg white scrambled for my breakfast wheat bread. So far with my current diet rich in protein there hasn't been any significant breakouts but it wouldn't hurt to be more cautious. I am thinking of also going with carrot juice since I love the taste of sweet carrots lol .

Can I ask regarding your routine? Do you use this website's products or do you use alternatives?

Yeah something similar to that. My skin here in California seemed pretty okay but when I went to Las Vegas and Texas for vacation my acne started to break out. I'm probably gonna try using it since my mom says she'll vouched for the my first time with it just to see if it suits my skin. If it does I'm gonna post improvements here. smile.png

Hey there, I guess its a bit late for me to reply but as far as my skin care routine is concerned, I dont have access to the acne.org regimen in India so I'm using benzac ac 2.5 during day and night both. The quantity is lesser during daytime as it leaves the face very white looking after it dries out. So, I cover it up with a little non comedogenic moisturiser (Olay brand) and then apply a thin layer of non comedogenic sunscreen, which is a must as it will cause some serious tanning if i would go out without it. Cleanser which I use is Neutorgena oil free acne wash. Other than that I make sure not to touch my face very often and also use a seperate towel for my face (I never believed in this though but I guess its also important if not necessary.) And for the diet part I do not believe that having protein rich diet causes acne (as I have been lifting for over 3 yrs now, so you can guess the diet) just that it should be balanced with a good amount of fruits, berries and veggies. And btw I eat 6-8 egg whites on a workout day.

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 08/26/2012 10:08 pm

It hasn't been over a year since I started lifting. I did it so as to lose weight but I do it regularly though. During that period there wasn't any major break out just the occasional white heads and blackheads. So probably that was why there wasn't any major breakouts. I currently use the gilette fusion proglide but I think I'm gonna buy normal razors since its a lot cheaper. Do you recommend any good cheap normal razors that is gentle to the skin?

Nope. You never want to use a cheap, disposable, razor. You know those razors where you get 5 for like 5 bucks? Awful for the skin. They pull hairs, they are poorly made and can often end up cutting yourself. If you prefer a regular razor over an electric razor you definitely need to stick with the higher quality cartridge razors. Just keep in mind, more blades = closer shave but more irritation (if you have sensitive skin.)

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/26/2012 11:54 pm

Nope. You never want to use a cheap, disposable, razor. You know those razors where you get 5 for like 5 bucks? Awful for the skin. They pull hairs, they are poorly made and can often end up cutting yourself. If you prefer a regular razor over an electric razor you definitely need to stick with the higher quality cartridge razors. Just keep in mind, more blades = closer shave but more irritation (if you have sensitive skin.)

so I guess I'm gonna stick with my proglide then.. or probably look for another one.. shick is cheaper though I wonder how it feels to the skin. Anyways.. do you use a shaving cream with shaving? I use Neutrogena sensitive skin shaving cream.. but I don't know if its just the way how I shave or because of the shaving cream or just because I'm breaking out that some acne pops out around the jaw line.

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/28/2012 4:11 pm

I don't know if its related but somehow I checked the clearasil BP that I was using and it was already expired when I bought it. Would it be a reason for how sudden I had my breakout?

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/28/2012 5:34 pm

Yeah something similar to that. My skin here in California seemed pretty okay but when I went to Las Vegas and Texas for vacation my acne started to break out. I'm probably gonna try using it since my mom says she'll vouched for the my first time with it just to see if it suits my skin. If it does I'm gonna post improvements here. smile.png

Hey there, I guess its a bit late for me to reply but as far as my skin care routine is concerned, I dont have access to the acne.org regimen in India so I'm using benzac ac 2.5 during day and night both. The quantity is lesser during daytime as it leaves the face very white looking after it dries out. So, I cover it up with a little non comedogenic moisturiser (Olay brand) and then apply a thin layer of non comedogenic sunscreen, which is a must as it will cause some serious tanning if i would go out without it. Cleanser which I use is Neutorgena oil free acne wash. Other than that I make sure not to touch my face very often and also use a seperate towel for my face (I never believed in this though but I guess its also important if not necessary.) And for the diet part I do not believe that having protein rich diet causes acne (as I have been lifting for over 3 yrs now, so you can guess the diet) just that it should be balanced with a good amount of fruits, berries and veggies. And btw I eat 6-8 egg whites on a workout day.

And how is that working for you?? Sounds great. Let me know how you like that Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash because I personally hate it. And that (which has salicylic acid in it) mixed with BP? Is that a good idea? That may be too irritating.

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/28/2012 7:07 pm

Guys, I'm wondering regarding the application and use of BP. I probably won't be able to use Dan's till next week so as of the moment I'm gonna use Neutrogena On-spot thing. Does the BP only like kill the acne? What about the spots left by it? As you can see on the first picture the red spots are just like the remnant of the acne that went on that area. If I apply BP to it also, would it also clear up? As for the 2nd picture the acne got bigger and I think of applying it on that area.

I'm just afraid that on the area of the 1st pic if I apply BP on it even if the acne has fade away it might go back up coz of the BP. I wanna clear the red spots though so if BP will clear it too then I'm gonna put some to it.

MemberMember
(@lakestone-park)

Posted : 08/29/2012 1:57 am

Guys, I'm wondering regarding the application and use of BP. I probably won't be able to use Dan's till next week so as of the moment I'm gonna use Neutrogena On-spot thing. Does the BP only like kill the acne? What about the spots left by it? As you can see on the first picture the red spots are just like the remnant of the acne that went on that area. If I apply BP to it also, would it also clear up? As for the 2nd picture the acne got bigger and I think of applying it on that area.

I'm just afraid that on the area of the 1st pic if I apply BP on it even if the acne has fade away it might go back up coz of the BP. I wanna clear the red spots though so if BP will clear it too then I'm gonna put some to it.

You sound like me, except i've been using BP since i was 12. Here's what you need to do (12 years of experience) GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST NOW!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT NOW!!!!!! I have to pay $465 for a Tube of Tazorac .05% (its a tretenoin (its a synthetic form of tretenoin that has anti-inflammatory properties and it makes your skin rapidly shed off your old skin at the top layer so your skin starts sloughing away those redmarks faster) . This is 10x better than any REtin-A or Differen or Atralin or whatever else they have. Literally is the thing before you're prescribed Accutane other than antibiotics.

You can also try Kojic acid or 2% Hydroquinone which is sometimes combined with alpha hydroxy acids to exfoliate the skin and quicken the lightening process. Some say Hydroquinone is not safe and can cause cancerous stuff when used in high amounts, but i doubt spot treatments at 2% should be causing harm. Kojic Acid on the other hand is a natural bleaching ingredient found in creams promising a lighter complexion and it indeed works , but not as great as Hydroquinone .

Shaving.... Make sure you Shave in sections, and clean the razor completely before beginning a new section. FOr example, Do the left cheek first then clean razor (sterilize it) Now do the left under jaw side , then sterilize the razor, and now do the the right side & sterilize the razor, do and sterilize and so on....IT takes a lot of time like this but when you have acne you cant shave one razor and not think bacteria is not being carried into that razor (not just the blade but everything the razor has like the plastic and that spongy things above the razor) . I shave with an electric razor and just sterilize it with Hydrogen peroxide or Alcohol after every section , And it does make a difference Because i have tried just doing my whole shave without sterilizing my shaver and that ends up with me getting bad post shave acne. A razor can carry a lot of bacteria during a shave all the hair and oil in the hairs also contribute to the problem as well. I shave while i take a shower just to quickly rinse off the sides i have shaved to prevent hairs from spreading bacteria into my pores.

WHEY PROTEIN- I consume around 70 grams of whey protein a day . It's isolate so it has barely no cholesterol (Brand is American PURE WHEY and Product is Whey Protein Isolate) ... My acne has shown no fluctiation when i was off of it and when i was consuming over 120 grams a day with it. Keep using it and keep working out. Just make sure to take a shower right after or as soon as you can after a workout, You dont want sweat carrying stuff from one side of your face to the other, plus the sweat from your hair can also bring down oil from your hair to your face. So shower immidiately after.

Ok NOW TO the HEAT acne problem. Just this month i had my worst breakout. Why? its the Hottest month of the year and so i started breaking out crazy. I thought it was the new creatine i've been using Which is HPCL assured....i dont know if HPCL is something that is done to the Creatine or is used to measure the purity of the Creatine, but anyways, This New Jarrow Creatine is not in my favor , i will try to go back to the American Pure Whey kind later.

O YEs the heat thing. YEs HEAT SUCKS FOR acne, it causes a good growing FARM ground for bacteria to spread and oil to mix with sweat a create stickiness around the face, Wash 3 times a day if you can, or just stay cool. I have no clue how to help you with the weather. Stay away from the heat is your best option.

BENZOYL PEROXIDE: USE the new form of Benzoyl Peroxide, Micro-Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% by Acne-Free, Smaller molecules ensure the benzoy peroxide will easily go inside your pores , and it is less drying than any other bp i have ever used. I've used all of them. I've only used the Foaming wash though so i reccomend it. They also have a leave on 5% all day Benzoyl peroxide that is a foam that dries up fast in your skin which allows you to apply the Moisturizer on without being afraid that your BP wont work if you apply Moisturizer after, but i have never used it, but if i could i would buy it.

BP does not clear Red after marks, only time and Tretenoins or Spot Treatment with Hydroquinone or Glycolic acids help with that or Kojic acid spot treatments.

THos spots heal within months,,Trust me i have had a mark since june and it's still there today. Yet smaller than what it was months ago,,, difference between a pea and the tip of a ball point pen.

Staying out of the sun and using spf will ensure your marks wont get more darker, and it helps your skin be less red so stay away from sun or use high spf non comedogenic sunscreen if you really want those marks to fade away faster.

My sunscreen is Peter thomas Roth Medi-Matte, its a bit expensive, but its the best non oily spf for a man to use.

MemberMember
(@ashpan85)

Posted : 08/29/2012 8:57 am

And how is that working for you?? Sounds great. Let me know how you like that Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash because I personally hate it. And that (which has salicylic acid in it) mixed with BP? Is that a good idea? That may be too irritating.

Somehow working for me (fingers crossed). I was on 7 months of accutane 20 mg/day, the course lasted till march of this year, then throughout april i was clear but then the pimples started coming back not so intense though, mostly whiteheads (but they can turn nasty if you play around with them). So, I visited my derm again and he put me on antibiotic which, I dont know, I felt didnt work ( may be I was spoiled by "The Accutane Experience" :) ). The skin was getting oily over the time and yes the pimples were coming back. It was then that i decided to go back to the good ol' bp and it worked, of course, with some really religious skin care routine ("I dont plan to visit the derm" extent, so you can guess). As far as Neutrogena cleanser is concerned i think I have been using it for over 2 years now so I think that my skin has acclimatised to it and really accepts it. I have got a tough skin or may be its too hot in India so I think the combination works for me (by reducing the oil and keeping my pores clean,), and I really dont use a lot of it just wee bit is enough.

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 08/30/2012 2:49 pm

okay so I started using BP. Just the 2.5% on the spot cream from Neutrogena since the cystic acne on my right side got bigger.. its already the 3rd day that I've used it but somehow it seemed like the cystic acne got bigger/more reddish. My mom said its kinda normal since it may be clearing it out first before it dies out..

what do you think guys? though on the other parts of my face where there are only mild ones I applied BP to them and they've gotten smaller.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/30/2012 4:24 pm

Idk personally BP destroyed my skin and I have nothing nice to say about it. Stick it out, it probably is just purging right now like your momma said.

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 09/03/2012 12:37 pm

Guys, I've been doing BP now for a week and I'm experiencing some peel off from my skin but the thing is even the part which I did not apply BP on is peeling off. I think it might have to do something with the cleanser. I'm using the Cetaphil daily cleanser and as far as BP goes, the after cleansing with it stings my face. My forehead which is really clear from acne is even peeling out. So far I don't think BP is the culprit for it since I only applied it to the area with my cystic acne.

Do you guys think I need to change cleansers? I read that the Cetaphil cleanser has irritants and am possibly thinking of changing to Cerave hydrating or foaming cleanser.

And I think BP is working though, coz for the minor acne breakouts it has treated them in a matter of days. Just except for the cystic ones, they're still there but are not longer inflammed.

MemberMember
(@user182305)

Posted : 09/20/2012 1:42 am

Okay so finally I've gotten my hands on Dan's BP Treatment. This might be my official start with the regimen but I've also been doing BP with the on the spot by neutrogena for about 3 weeks now. I can say BP is rather kind to my face. Its just that the acne that sprouts are few but go cystic ~_~ So it usually takes a week or so to clear up.