Notifications
Clear all

What's The First Thing You're Going To Do Once Your Acne Clears Up?

MemberMember
(@manlycurls26)

Posted : 08/23/2012 2:05 pm

First, let me say that I'm super excited because pretty soon I'll have beautiful clear skin again. Yay! eusa_dance.gif

Anyway, acne prevents most of us from accomplishing our goals or prevents us from doing certain things. I've been struggling with mild depression for nearly 12 years, so acne has taken a serious toll on me mentally.

The first thing I'm going to do is take a nice vacation for a couple weeks to Puerto Rico to relieve all the build-up of stress I've had over the years and enjoy myself. Then enroll into college and pursue my career in nursing. Acne has held me back and completely changed my life. I can't wait to get my confidence back.

Also, is there something you've always wanted to do, but were not confident enough to pursue?

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 08/23/2012 9:46 pm

I'll probably spend several hours jumping for joy and doing cartwheels and backflips.

Then I'll go about continuing my education and pursuing an epic career.

Then I'll go about getting a wonderful long-term girlfriend that I can share my life with.

Then I'll....lol I'll just stop here, I'm getting my hopes up!

But hey....a guy can dream. :P

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 08/24/2012 1:56 am

wow you people did some planning haha. i was just gonna say get a haircut, ive been growing it out so i can donate it :)

MemberMember
(@omarcomin)

Posted : 08/24/2012 8:09 am

I don't really have any big or long term plans. Just taking a stroll around the town without constantly looking down at the floor and maybe making eye contact with a pretty woman would do for me.

MemberMember
(@meli55a)

Posted : 08/25/2012 12:58 pm

I honestly can't see my acne clearing any time soon but if and when it does I'll probably be too old to do the things I want to do now!

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 08/25/2012 5:56 pm

It's extremely unrealistic for me to think about not having acne. It's just become a part of my life, I'm so used to it now.

When that day comes, if it ever does... I'll probably start by just staring in the mirror in disbelief for a good hour.

MemberMember
(@rinavarion)

Posted : 08/25/2012 6:13 pm

The first thing I would do is throw my foundation in the bin!

MemberMember
(@anniej)

Posted : 08/26/2012 1:39 am

i did a tca peel 2 weeks ago and my skin is clearing. but honestly acne and depression has already taken everything from me, even my personality. so if i clear up i think i will have an easier life without all the makeup but everything will pretty much be the same

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 08/27/2012 1:49 am

well this one easy for me.... im gonna find myself a nice gf some one to really love & best of all i'd be able to love her to the fullest because i'd be happy for my self. after that i'd probably strike up a friendly consternation with everyone i meet!

MemberMember
(@mwilso)

Posted : 08/28/2012 12:32 pm

First, let me say that I'm super excited because pretty soon I'll have beautiful clear skin again. Yay! eusa_dance.gif

Anyway, acne prevents most of us from accomplishing our goals or prevents us from doing certain things. I've been struggling with mild depression for nearly 12 years, so acne has taken a serious toll on me mentally.

The first thing I'm going to do is take a nice vacation for a couple weeks to Puerto Rico to relieve all the build-up of stress I've had over the years and enjoy myself. Then enroll into college and pursue my career in nursing. Acne has held me back and completely changed my life. I can't wait to get my confidence back.

Also, is there something you've always wanted to do, but were not confident enough to pursue?

I went to Puerto Rico for a family vacation last summer, it was a nice place, but expensive (by my frugal traveling standards).

My skin has been slowly clearing up and I have been enjoying going to work and out and about without make up on, and not thinking about it at all. I woke up late this morning to work and ran out the door without a spot of make up, I wouldn't have done that ever 6 months ago.

Also, when my skin is nice I wear bright pink lipstick. It makes me feel vivacious.

MemberMember
(@manlycurls26)

Posted : 08/28/2012 3:26 pm

I went to Puerto Rico for a family vacation last summer, it was a nice place, but expensive (by my frugal traveling standards).

My skin has been slowly clearing up and I have been enjoying going to work and out and about without make up on, and not thinking about it at all. I woke up late this morning to work and ran out the door without a spot of make up, I wouldn't have done that ever 6 months ago.

Also, when my skin is nice I wear bright pink lipstick. It makes me feel vivacious.

Yes, I know traveling to Puerto Rico is expensive, but I'm sure It's worth it. I'm looking forward to visit San Juan and El Yunque in March around my birthday. Both places look very beautiful.

I'm so happy to hear you have your acne under control and you feel confident again. It's always nice to hear other peoples positive experiences with acne.

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 08/28/2012 4:43 pm

-get back into dancing/gymnastics

-get back into going out with friends

-socializing, ALOT

-touch my face for the first time in a while without fearing breakouts

-go outside in hot 90degree sunny weather and TAN. I have avoided sun probably for 3~years due to an accutane course I took 3 years ago->retin a follow up->accutane a 2nd time.

-Look into scar treatments for my shallow acne scarring.

-smile at everyone I see walking down the street

-go to the grocery store, shopping, school...etc WITH CONFIDENCE

Basically live life again like a normal human...,

MemberMember
(@manlycurls26)

Posted : 08/28/2012 4:58 pm

-get back into dancing/gymnastics

-get back into going out with friends

-socializing, ALOT

-touch my face for the first time in a while without fearing breakouts

-go outside in hot 90degree sunny weather and TAN. I have avoided sun probably for 3~years due to an accutane course I took 3 years ago->retin a follow up->accutane a 2nd time.

-Look into scar treatments for my shallow acne scarring.

-smile at everyone I see walking down the street

-go to the grocery store, shopping, school...etc WITH CONFIDENCE

Basically live life again like a normal human...,

I can relate to most of those. I absolutely hate how acne just changes our personalities.

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 09/01/2012 1:06 am

- spend less time worrying about if my skin looks bad atm

i can't imagine my skin being clear again but hopefully it will be soon..

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/01/2012 8:26 pm

The things that I want so bad to do once my acne clears are:

• Start doing my workouts first thing in the morning without having to worry about putting on makeup to go to the gym

• Go on a backpacking trip and not worry about putting makeup on over my breakouts

• Wear more lipstick/eye makeup instead of spending all my time worrying about foundation/concealer

• Cuddle with my boyfriend in the morning (I quickly leave the bedroom as soon as I wake up so he doesn't see my face without makeup!)

Clearly I just want to be able to not wear makeup. It's going to be amazing! It's so strange how acne can change a person's personality so much.

Murph89 liked
MemberMember
(@phoenix-fireless)

Posted : 09/02/2012 4:57 am

This is an extremely simple one for me: hit on A LOT of girls...and I mean a lot of girls.

I can honestly only feel comfortable saying 'hi' to that cute girl passing me on the street maybe once or twice a year when I'm having a really good skinday.

oh what I wouldn't give for more good skindays :/

MemberMember
(@sumnerm)

Posted : 09/03/2012 2:48 am

Nothing specific, acne hasn't and won't stop me.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 09/03/2012 11:26 pm

keep living, but maybe do it with a smile if i remember how one of those works... im workin on it.

Go out more? Idk

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 09/04/2012 1:02 am

So much time spent trying to get clear I have forgotten what a normal life is. I would probly have to start from scratch and develop a Fake personality accepted by society cause right now I'm just a fuckin corpse walking around with no purpose or meaning to life or any intrest in anything. Being clear seems unrealistic and a fantasy to me, my face is fucked regardless of

what I do.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 09/04/2012 9:44 am

do a little dance... get down tonight

Murph89 liked
MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/04/2012 9:55 am

Accutane did clear me up pretty much,and I've only been takeing it , let's say 3 mounths..but I got a lot of red marks from the inital breakout , and I can touch my skin with my hands and feel it nice , but when I look in the mirror I see the same face , like nothing changed..hopefully my marks will fade soon sad.png PLEASE GOD !!First thing I will do when my red marks fade, I will call some friends, I will reactivate my facebook account , and like some girl pictures, ask them out, oh God my life will be sooo nice if my red marks fade

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 09/05/2012 4:48 pm

There are so many big things I'd want to do if my skin ever cleared up (like actually creating a social life for myself, for example) but on the simplest level I would love to just be able to leave the house one day with absolutely no make-up on and no umbrella and just walk around in the pouring rain. It sounds stupid but I'd love to be able to remember what it feels like to have rain pattering down on your face without the worry of make-up washing off and just being able to soak it all up - it must be so freeing!

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 09/05/2012 9:04 pm

The first thing I will do is try to get rid of scars... :\

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/06/2012 11:34 am

Didin't think about that:S , if I have red marks , after they fade can they leave scars behind ?

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 09/06/2012 11:39 am

Didin't think about that:S , if I have red marks , after they fade can they leave scars behind ?

Depends. Do you see a hole or w.e on marks? You can see it. I dunno what is called ;\ I might consider a laser treatment in the future if aloe vera doesn't get rid of my scars.