Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey

Ive been doing a 6 month long accutane course. At the end I got pretty much clean and had about just 1-2 pimples left. ive been off accutane for about 3 months now probably and ive pretty much stayed clean all the time ,except 1-2 pimples off and on. Now the last week or so ive got some very small pimples around in my face. They are very small, but still abit annoying. Will my acne come back? or is this just somethings that happens once a while and gets over after some time. ?

thanks for answers

Only time will tell. Some people get "cured" form acne using Accutane, some don't. Also depends on the dosage that you took. Higher dosage usually means longer time before acne will return (if it returns). The reason I qouted "cured" is because I know very few people that really got cured of acne with Accutane. Only the people who took high doses that messed up the body in some other way...

hmm I see.I realy hope that the few pimples ive just got will just stay for short time and go away. I guess it happens sometimes that people get pimples and for some days later their off.

I think the key is maintenance ASAP. I never maintained my skin after accutane (with a retinoid/diet changes/whatever) and soon enough, it all came back.

Go to your derm and have them evaluate your skin and possibly give you a retinoid to keep your pores clear.

Don't wait to see if it gets worse.....trust me. In the mean time, look into diet changes and see if that helps

Good Luck!

I see, well iiam still using my face cleaner, and ive stopped almost completly eating unhealty food when ive started on accutane, and ive keept it like that . the last week i have not been using the cream for dry skin, but It also dont feel like my skin is any dry so i dont know..

Accutane works by shrinking the sebaceous glands. It does not remove them permanently. The reason some people have nice skin for a while is because sebaceous glands grow back SLOWLY. Sometimes an Accutane user gets lucky if they take Accutane while they have a hormonal imbalance, Accutane dries them out, and by the time the sebaceous glands grow back the hormones have balanced. For everyone else, since the cause of the acne has not disappeared, the acne comes back.

Accutane is just a really big bandaid that sticks for a couple of years, but it doesn't cure anything.

It's normal that sometimes one course of accutane isn't enough. You can start a second course 6 months after the first one is finished.

Hm I see. I realy hope that the few pimples ive got is going away and its just something thats happens once a while.