Notifications
Clear all

Is Tea Tree Oil And Aztec Clay Mask Worth The Try?

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 08/21/2012 2:44 pm

I've never tried tea tree oil ever in my life...just the usual benzoyl peroxide and sayaliac acid. Maybe the work "oil" scares me, but does it help with existing pimples?

My diet is pretty good now. Still having issues incorporating veggies, but I'm getting there and I stopped drinking cows milk for two weeks, but I'm still slightly breaking out on my chin and it feels horrible. And my existing cysts are still all over my cheeks but invisible.

Do you think the Aztec Clay will help me purge my cystic acne?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/21/2012 4:08 pm

I wouldn't bother with the clay mask. Tea tree oil is great though.

MemberMember
(@salem359)

Posted : 08/22/2012 9:27 pm

I don't think it helps. Ditch all the masques and moisturizers. They don't ever help your face. Only go natural. All the things in stores have bunches of chemicals. The best solution to acne is to leave your acne alone. I've had a cyst for a few weeks and it's finally going down since I'm not touching it or anything.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 08/22/2012 11:11 pm

Definitely try the Aztec healing clay mask, its all natural plus,its Super cheap! U need to try both urself so you can see what works for your skin.

MemberMember
(@sam245)

Posted : 09/02/2012 2:52 pm

I wouldn't recommend tea tree oil because it burned me terribly. You're supposed to dillute it, but it was hard to get a good mix and I feared that what I dilluted it with could break me out more. On the other hand, I cannot recommend aztec healing clay enough!!! It is really a remarkable product that really turned my skin around at its worst. Use it with raw apple cider vinegar by bragg's.

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 09/02/2012 9:39 pm

I wouldn't recommend tea tree oil because it burned me terribly. You're supposed to dillute it, but it was hard to get a good mix and I feared that what I dilluted it with could break me out more. On the other hand, I cannot recommend aztec healing clay enough!!! It is really a remarkable product that really turned my skin around at its worst. Use it with raw apple cider vinegar by bragg's.

Do you think it would pull out cysts underneath the skin, I feel like I have an underlying infection in my skin. My acne started spreading underneath my chin. And it funny and sad at the same time but my right side of my face is horrible compared to my left side, but recently my left side has been breaking out a bit...I'm a bit worried that both sides will look horrendous. Any recommendations?

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 09/02/2012 9:40 pm

The aztec healing clay makes your skin very smooth, but can break out since it is pulling toxins out or w.e. It has good reviews, so it is worth a try

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 09/02/2012 10:26 pm

The aztec healing clay makes your skin very smooth, but can break out since it is pulling toxins out or w.e. It has good reviews, so it is worth a try

Dang, thats the last thing I want honestly. I've tried the TTO and it didn't help at all. I just have too many cysts and don't know what to do with them. I'm eating healthy but it's not quite affecting my face in a positive way....

MemberMember
(@jennifer36)

Posted : 09/02/2012 10:34 pm

Definitely try both. I'm an active user or both clay and tea tree oil, although I use bentonite. Mainly because that's what they had at the health food store. Clay probably will make you break out more, but only the first few times you use it. About a week later you'll see the difference. Clay does pull the toxins out of your pores, and I think it's something that you should try. It makes such a difference for me. I would recommend mixing the TTO into your mask to get the best of both.

TTO does work, I swear by it. It's what I actively use as a spot treatment. The key is diluting it with a carrier oil. I used TTO in the past and dismissed it as not working because I was putting it right onto my skin. It's too harsh to use like that, and any good it did was negated by the fact that my skin was getting damaged. In a carrier oil it works so much better for some reason. I like jojoba, avocado and coconut as carrier oils, but I prefer avocado! If you were to just mix it in with your mask that's good also though.

Cysts to me sounds like food allergies. I used to get cystic acne but after an elimination diet they've basically stopped.

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 09/03/2012 12:14 am

Definitely try both. I'm an active user or both clay and tea tree oil, although I use bentonite. Mainly because that's what they had at the health food store. Clay probably will make you break out more, but only the first few times you use it. About a week later you'll see the difference. Clay does pull the toxins out of your pores, and I think it's something that you should try. It makes such a difference for me. I would recommend mixing the TTO into your mask to get the best of both.

TTO does work, I swear by it. It's what I actively use as a spot treatment. The key is diluting it with a carrier oil. I used TTO in the past and dismissed it as not working because I was putting it right onto my skin. It's too harsh to use like that, and any good it did was negated by the fact that my skin was getting damaged. In a carrier oil it works so much better for some reason. I like jojoba, avocado and coconut as carrier oils, but I prefer avocado! If you were to just mix it in with your mask that's good also though.

Cysts to me sounds like food allergies. I used to get cystic acne but after an elimination diet they've basically stopped.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. And might I ask, what did you eliminate from your diet. So far I got rid of dairy with no avail. Do you think it's just hormonal? I'm not trying to do birth control at all nor any type of antibiotics because I'm trying to keep my regimen natural as possible.

MemberMember
(@sam245)

Posted : 09/03/2012 5:28 pm

The Aztec healing clay never broke me out. The first time I ever used it, I had a few small whiteheads that appeared, but disappeared by the time I went to sleep that same day. This was really welcome to me because I needed my pores to be cleaned out. I find the clay mask very soothing when used with the acv. It makes your face red for a little while after, but once that fades, people always tell me my skin is glowing. I'm always sure to use it after I exercise to get rid of all the remaining dirt from sweating.

I too had cysts that stayed under my skin. Apple cider vinegar is an AHA so it has some mild peeling effects like glycolic acid. My cysts would be soothed by this and would shrink some after I applied the mask and acv mix. I have to say that I did not see any real dislodging of my underground cysts until I started on a retinoid. I started on ziana recently after being so resistant to try a retinoid for over a year. I was so afraid of breaking out worse, but unfortunately nothing ever got remarkably better. I finally feel hope as I continue to see my pores clearing. A retinoid is definitely the way to go. Good luck!!!!

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/03/2012 5:37 pm

I've never tried tea tree oil ever in my life...just the usual benzoyl peroxide and sayaliac acid. Maybe the work "oil" scares me, but does it help with existing pimples?

My diet is pretty good now. Still having issues incorporating veggies, but I'm getting there and I stopped drinking cows milk for two weeks, but I'm still slightly breaking out on my chin and it feels horrible. And my existing cysts are still all over my cheeks but invisible.

Dear god yes to both!!

I could not live without honey, lemon juice, tea tree oil, aloe vera, epsom salt, apple cider vinegar, or that Calcium Bentonite Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. All so great for your skin. Must try. I leave everything on longer than they say.

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 09/03/2012 7:43 pm

Dear god yes to both!!

I could not live without honey, lemon juice, tea tree oil, aloe vera, epsom salt, apple cider vinegar, or that Calcium Bentonite Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. All so great for your skin. Must try. I leave everything on longer than they say.

Thanks! And do you mind I ask what's your regimen? I'm also trying to start on Zinc supplement, so idk if thats gonna help some.

MemberMember
(@jennifer36)

Posted : 09/04/2012 7:03 pm

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. And might I ask, what did you eliminate from your diet. So far I got rid of dairy with no avail. Do you think it's just hormonal? I'm not trying to do birth control at all nor any type of antibiotics because I'm trying to keep my regimen natural as possible.

It's been sort of a process. I did 30 days vegan, nothing fried, no refined sugars, no alcohol, low sodium, no soy, generally healthy. After that I continued the vegan, with the exception of honey, the other restrictions, and expanded also to no gluten, no citrus fruits (now specifically small amounts of lemons and limes, no oranges), no peanuts, as well as anything really processed. Basically I don't consume anything that could damage my body or is devoid of nutrients. I've been following that for about 11 months now.

The only times I break the diet is for a small amount of say, orange peel in a tea or a little bit of soy now and again. Gluten, dairy, eggs, alcohol, refined sugars and sodium are the core avoidances, with no flexibility at all and absolutely no cheating.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/05/2012 7:39 pm

Dear god yes to both!!

Thanks! And do you mind I ask what's your regimen? I'm also trying to start on Zinc supplement, so idk if thats gonna help some.

Right now I take Zinc, D3, Fish Oil, and Biotin. I'm going to add in Melatonin at night before bed as well to help me sleep better soon. I also take a fiber supplement (Florafiber from Herbalife) twice a day.

I wash my face with a mild cleanser (Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleanser-favorite out of the billions I have tried), apply tea tree oil on problem areas, L'Oreal Youth Code Corrector Serum for dark spots (meh, little improvement but smells nice and non-comedogenic), and use Olay Complete Sensitive moisturizer.

I also use a honey and lemon mask (when I have lemons) for an hour, two, however long I have really (the longer the better the results), about every other day and use the clay mask once a week. My skin has gotten remarkably better but I'm fighting these strange hives right now and trying to pinpoint the trigger of them and then these other pesky little bumps can finally disappear. I take epsom salt baths regularly to fight this stuff.

MemberMember
(@rafiki3)

Posted : 03/04/2013 5:39 pm

I am going to use the aztec clay tomorrow. I am a guy so just one concern. Is this strong enough that it is going to pull facial hair out or mess it up? If so I will just use this for my nose and forehead. But can any guys or girls with an opinion please confirm or deny if this mask will effect facial hair (mustache, jawline, cheeks)?

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 03/04/2013 11:02 pm

I am going to use the aztec clay tomorrow. I am a guy so just one concern. Is this strong enough that it is going to pull facial hair out or mess it up? If so I will just use this for my nose and forehead. But can any guys or girls with an opinion please confirm or deny if this mask will effect facial hair (mustache, jawline, cheeks)?

no, it won't pull out facial hair. i suggest you should use it on your whole face.