Notifications
Clear all

Cornstarch

MemberMember
(@artstudentowl)

Posted : 08/21/2012 10:50 am

So I read on pinterest that cornstarch can keep your skin from getting oily and I was just wondering if anyone has tried it? I imagine you'd use it like loose powder eusa_eh.gif Too bad I didn't save the pin for later as I thought it sounded a bit ridiculous, but I'm now I'm getting really frustrated with my skin and I'm willing to try about anything to get it under control. But I don't feel like buying cornstarch just to put it on my face and only to find out it does nothing. But if anyone has tried it or has a box of cornstarch lying around and wants to try it, I'd appreciate it if you could report back your experiences smile.png

MemberMember
(@bjgsam1)

Posted : 08/30/2012 11:21 am

Hi :) I personally have only tried using cornstarch on my face once to try and get rid of my grease (Ew, right), and it seemed to work ok, although I usually just blot. I do on the otherhand use cornstarch as a dry shampoo and find it does a great job at absorbing oil.

In regards to not wanting to buy it, cornstarch is cheap and it might be worth it for you to just buy a small amount at like a bulk food store to give it a try

MemberMember
(@artstudentowl)

Posted : 09/03/2012 1:18 pm

Thanks for the reply! I've just recently purchased Paula's Choice BHA liquid, and will have to see if that'll keep my skin less oily. If not I might try cornstarch after all smile.png

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/21/2012 9:43 am

Corn Silk powder was initially developed for this purpose. You can buy it matching your skin tone from pretty much any drugstore for a reasonable price.

http://www.amazon.com/Corn-Silk-Translucent-Powder-Original/dp/B001AV5WOC

MemberMember
(@w3iw3i)

Posted : 10/31/2012 6:07 am

I've experimented with using sweet (glutinous) rice flour on my face as a powder and also in various home-made masks. I believe it has properties very similar to cornstarch. You can use it to absorb the oil on your face but unfortunately it doesn't do anything with your overall sebum production, so if you're like me your face will be greasy again within an hour. It's somewhat effective as long as you're not looking for coverage and it's also natural. Actually this is something that has been known and used in China for some two thousand years.