Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wcs

Exercise And Acne

Does anyone else have trouble with exercise-induced acne?

I love my exercise regime to bits; I feel so wonderful and refreshed after a ten mile walk (I also look amazing for it). I've recently started running and doing other cardio activity, yet it's really upsetting my skin. I'm breaking out with huge red cysts on my face, which take ages to heal. I won't leave the house because I'm ashamed of my skin - people stare too, which makes me feel very self concious. This really isn't any way to live, but I don't want to give up my exercise.

My diet is flawless: tons of fruit and veg, fresh herbs and spices, good fats etc. I don't eat red meat or dairy (I'm lactose intolerant anyway) and I only drink water, espresso and green tea.

Sorry to go on, but I just feel quite disheartened.

I've being doing research and I feel fairly certain that my acne around my mouth is being caused by weight training. I'm building up a lot of testosterone in the body and it makes my hormones unbalanced and it comes out in my skin. Its just like when people go through puberty their hormones are out of wack. Maybe you have something similar, I dont know.

It doesnt matter how good my diet or hygiene is, the constant weight training is making hormones go crazy.

I'm about to start a DHT blocker called Saw Palmetto that will hopefully balance my hormones.

Edited by mcc0y

I'll have a look into saw palmetto. I see Holland and Barrett stock the capsules at £10.95. A tad pricey, but I'm willing to try anything.

Let me know how you get on.

This is what around my mouth looked like this morning:

IMG_01091.jpg

I should hopefully expect the delivery of SP tomorrow.

Are you washing your face before and after you exercise? If you wear makeup (don't know if you're female/male), make sure you don't have anything on your skin while you're sweating. It goes into your pores. Wash off with a mild cleanser after and use a treatment like sal acid to combat the acne.

Highly recommend the saw palmetto. I'm on a synthetic anti-androgen which has similar effects and has worked great for me. You can see a link to my story in my sig.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced of a link between sweat and ''Acne''. It's known that sweat can cause miliaria. Miliaria on the face essentially looks like Acne.

I tried SP and the next day i felt like i had a headcold, along with a sore throat.

Maybe i caught a bug or something, maybe not.. i should probably give it another try