Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KMS1979

My Case, My Routine, My Log

Ok, I need some help figuring this acne thing out and I figure this is the best place for it. A little about me:

Edited by KMS1979

Apparently, you should not go for a heavy breakfast. Also how long have you been on this diet? If no improvements you could be allergic to eggs (which is very common).

So, you throw away 18 egg yolks a day? Why aren't you eating the best part of the egg? Send some of them to me.

Edited by alternativista

Grubby - I'm just starting this strict diet. Back in 2008 (when I first joined this site), I realized that diet could manage acne. As a result, I gave up all poor eating habits (candy, fried foods...). However, as mentioned, I still suffer from periods of breakouts. The past few months I've been eating a lot of lean beef and I believe that is the reason for my breakouts (I think it's all the hormones that are added to those poor cows...regardless of how lean the beef is). Let's see how it goes...eggs are a great source of protein and I hope that is not the cause (next to whey, it's the best source of absorpable protein).

Alternavista - First off, I've read a lot of your posts and believe you are a great source of a lot of knowledge...your help is definetely welcomed! I thought egg yolks were bad (high in Omega 6 fats)??? Do you have any other questions or comments on my rotuine? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Grubby - I'm just starting this strict diet. Back in 2008 (when I first joined this site), I realized that diet could manage acne. As a result, I gave up all poor eating habits (candy, fried foods...). However, as mentioned, I still suffer from periods of breakouts. The past few months I've been eating a lot of lean beef and I believe that is the reason for my breakouts (I think it's all the hormones that are added to those poor cows...regardless of how lean the beef is). Let's see how it goes...eggs are a great source of protein and I hope that is not the cause (next to whey, it's the best source of absorpable protein).

Alternavista - First off, I've read a lot of your posts and believe you are a great source of a lot of knowledge...your help is definetely welcomed! I thought egg yolks were bad (high in Omega 6 fats)??? Do you have any other questions or comments on my rotuine? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Egg yolks will be high in omega 3 fats if the chickens are allowed to roam free and eat their natural food which means a lot of greens, insects, worms and even rodents and other small animals. Rather than be kept confined and fed nothing but high omega 6 grains. But either way, they are often fed flax seed as well to increase their omega 3 content. That's usually marked on the label and also indicated by the higher price.

So, other than the eggs, you are a vegetarian?

and I believe cysts tend to be an allergic reaction to something. For me, it's most citrus fruit. To my knowledge I can only have lemons and Persian limes.

AV - Interesting. I know there are Omega 3 labelled eggs...maybe I will give it a shot. For now, I am experimenting on myself, so eggs are the only meats. If everything clears up, then I will add things back into my diet one item at a time.

Just an update after Day 1....no new outbreaks and the old ones have shrunk a bit. I'm still have about 5 cysts.

Only changes to my diet is that I had unsweeted, organic soy milk with my Vega shake instead of water (so 1.5L of soy milk instead of water).