Notifications
Clear all

Aquamid

MemberMember
(@lonelyman1)

Posted : 09/19/2004 11:36 am

hi, i really donno what happen to this bored if i register my name as lonelyman and a password, i really just cant access this damn site. so i loged as lonelyman2...

Anyway this site is very useful to me searching answers for acne scars or dented scars...My update on aquamid:

1. The dent scar is still there.

Scar tissue is dense, to all people there having permanete fillers done, please do subcision first then put permanete filler..The scar tissue has a connective tissue and it is hard, if a filler is injected you will be fooled(1 day) by instant result coz it has swelling then it is fully pops up above skin level..After a week you will see your scars are still there, you can feel the lumpiness but the center has a dent scar..This means that some filler will migrate and not stay inside the scar. In order to vanish the dent scar, fiburous tissue it cut off(subcision), then a filler material is injected coz no PERMANETE fillers will work if there is no subcision...We create subcision so that the fillers there will create a sak and stay in place..Without subcision(only injection) the fillers will go to the sides(migrate) making it more shadows(because fillers dont have a place to settle).

This site is called a wire scalpel(where the subcutaneous is cut), then filler is injected, notice the big dent scar there has dissapeared,PEOPLE THERE please perform subcision first then permanete filler, i can guarantee that no fillers will work if there is no subcision coz the truth is it, just really happen to me on aquamid...DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON FILLERS WITHOUT SUBCISION..

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@purplehaze)

Posted : 09/28/2004 2:29 pm

lonelyman1 said:
hi, i really donno what happen to this bored if i register my name as lonelyman and a password, i really just cant access this damn site. so i loged as lonelyman2...

Anyway this site is very useful to me searching answers for acne scars or dented scars...My update on aquamid:

Scar tissue is dense, to all people there having permanete fillers done, please do subcision first then put permanete filler..The scar tissue has a connective tissue and it is hard, if a filler is injected you will be fooled(1 day) by instant result coz it has swelling then it is fully pops up above skin level..After a week you will see your scars are still there, you can feel the lumpiness but the center has a dent scar..This means that some filler will migrate and not stay inside the scar. In order to vanish the dent scar, fiburous tissue it cut off(subcision), then a filler material is injected coz no PERMANETE fillers will work if there is no subcision...We create subcision so that the fillers there will create a sak and stay in place..Without subcision(only injection) the fillers will go to the sides(migrate) making it more shadows(because fillers dont have a place to settle).

This site is called a wire scalpel(where the subcutaneous is cut), then filler is injected, notice the big dent scar there has dissapeared,PEOPLE THERE please perform subcision first then permanete filler, i can guarantee that no fillers will work if there is no subcision coz the truth is it, just really happen to me on aquamid...DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON FILLERS WITHOUT SUBCISION..

[Removed]

i have moderate scars and do not know what to do. is aquamid safe ?? and subcision and aquamid would really help to fill my scars permanently ??

help me.. also about the link on featherlift , have they used aquamid or what it is ??

let me know thanks.

MemberMember
(@richard26)

Posted : 09/29/2004 6:25 pm

Hi,

I just read the post from lonelyman1. Wondered if you or anyone had any advice..

My problem is I had an uneven look to my eyes. On one of my eyes the skin below the eyebrow which hangs over the eyelid looked less than the other one, so I had a filler called juverderm into this area which plumped the skin out and made it look more even with the other eye. The juverderm filler worked really well but it was only temporary, so after about 6 months when it had dispersed Ihad a permanent filler injected called Aquamid (this was 1 year ago) I only seemed to have a small amount injected but after a couple of days I new it was wrong.

I seem to have a line of it running across the middle of the area bellow my brow which seems to stay put but I have another big lump underneath this line which seems to move around and rest on top of my eyelid which seems to stop my eye fully contracting all the way back. This makes me very self conscious as well as making my eye feel quite tired.

About 6 months ago Ihad a surgeon try and take the lumps out. When he open it up he said I had a lot of scar tissue which he said he took out. After it heeled the same lumps were still there. He said this is scar tissue and if I massaged the area it would go. I have been doing this since but it doesn't seem to have made the lumps any smaller.

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to treat this or any way to make the lumps smaller or had any similar experiences. I'm thinking of having another try at removing the lumps but not sure if it will work as it didn't the first time, what do you think?

Your replies would be much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 10/01/2004 5:06 pm

Hi, I split these threads from the FAQ - hope you don't mind, Lonelyman1 - I just felt it was turning into a discussion about Aquamid, which the FAQ isn't supposed to be - I think it would be great if you could document your experiences with aquamid here, as you have provided lots of great information already and it would be good to see updates.

MemberMember
(@depressedscar)

Posted : 03/08/2009 9:13 am

I have a dented scar on my cheek, and have had scar revision done just two months ago and is back to the old dented scar. it looked good at first when it was swollen but after some weeks my old depreesed scar is back. Can anyone who has experienced subcision + filler suggest a doctor for me. Before my surgery Dr Michael Sach of New york plastic Surgery Offered that procedure but had retired when I wanted it done so I went to a different Doctor who suggested a revision but am soo not please with the result as I noticed no change in the depreesed scar.

please help me if you also know how much it might cost aswell as how I can Locate Dr. Michael Sach.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/15/2013 7:45 pm

really helpful post this deserves a bump