Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaddenStyles

holy crap i think it's working

today is the first day i see no sign of any acne at all..and it's been almost 2 months since I started the Regimen. DON'T GIVE UP! PERSEVERE!

however...i still have stupid red marks/scars from my previous breakouts. A "scar" is like, indention of the skin, so it looks like you have craters, right? As opposed to just red blemishes...well whatever the case...anyone know how I might get rid of these?

Guest Captain Chaos

bleh, i have scars/red marks too....doesn't look like they are gonna be going anytime soon, i'm just trying not to worry about them tbh...they are usually less noticeable as you think they are anyways...

cheers

I used to never get red marks from acne but now I do. So far no "craters" but those are a lot less noticeable than a big giant whitehead!!!My red marks have actually faded naturally though, and they continue to do so- quite rapidly. Are yours not fading at all, simply with time???

Great to hear it is working for you! biggrin.gif I have been on it for 2 weeks and have seen less blemishes, but my skin is still so dry and I look like I have been out in the sun! Is your skin still really dry after 2 months?

What about seeing an estitician (spelling?) about some gentle dermabrasion or something to help with the scarring?

Great to hear it is working for you! biggrin.gif I have been on it for 2 weeks and have seen less blemishes, but my skin is still so dry and I look like I have been out in the sun! Is your skin still really dry after 2 months?

What about seeing an estitician (spelling?) about some gentle dermabrasion or something to help with the scarring?

today both my mom and my grandma said how much better my skin looked! biggrin.gif it made me feel so great.. now i just gotta work on these red marks

i've been doing the regimen for about a week now and while my skin is not "clear" the spots are disappearing...only thing is my skin is really dry with flakey patches so i am doing one night on/one night off with the bp gel. i am pretty happy with the result so far, can't believe it is taking something so simple to finally help?! biggrin.gif

This is a really important thread. Perserverence is critical. It takes a while for many people to get clear on a benzoyl peroxide regimen. Thanks for posting.

As far as red marks go, the most important thing is to prevent future acne, thus future red marks. The ones you currently have will disappear with time.

-Dan

I've been using the regimen for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I have noticed my existing few acne spots have decreased SIGNIFICANTLY. Aswell as some of my red spots have already started to fade. I was using the C&C BP Wash, but that only irritated and burned my skin. I switched to Dan's 2.5% BP Gel and it is MUCH MUCH better. I very much so recommend it. I believe the key is you have to exfoiliate, air dry, apply BP, dry, then apply moisturizer.

i've been doing the regimen for about a week now and while my skin is not "clear" the spots are disappearing...only thing is my skin is really dry with flakey patches so i am doing one night on/one night off with the bp gel.  i am pretty happy with the result so far, can't believe it is taking something so simple to finally help?!  biggrin.gif