Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FaceOffNow

Frustrated with cleansers?!?

Well I've had acne for over 7 years and have tried all types of cleansers.. the last thing I used was the C&C Blackhead clearing scrub.. it seems like every cleanser I use my skin gets dry at least a bit... I hate having to try to remove those dry white stuff from my face.. I recently tried Cetaphil cleansing BAR because I never tried a bar only cream or gel or scrub washes...

Can someone please recommend a good simple cleanser that doesn't DRY ME OUT AT ALL?

I've also been using HERBAL LOGIX spot scar thingie and that isn't a good moisturizer..

IS BAR BETTER THAN all the other cleansers? I'm out of ideas and what cleansers are good.. please help me out..

I am not sure what you like in a cleanser, but I'll tell you what I like and why. Proactiv Deep Cleansing is pretty good all around. It has exfoliating beads but it isn't too harsh. It also has salicylic acid with no BP so it can be used on the body without bleaching your clothes.Beauti Control and Aramis make good face washes and separate scrubs if you don't like or need to exfoliate every time you wash. I am using the Nucelle products, and I really the wash. They sell a separate Papaya scrub and it is strong enough but not overly so.All of these products rinse clean.

Well, you may want to go the natural/organic products route. I've never used these brands but you can check them out here. I found this site has the best prices by far and shipping is even free!

Living Nature, Evolu, & Trilogy

Oh, i currently bought Living Nature's Manuka Honey & Oil gel which costed me over $4 more from another site (found the above site too late).

that clearasil total control deep pore cleanser stuff has great reviews on drugstore.com too, i might get it next time i see it, try it out

Guest brokencocoon
Well, you may want to go the natural/organic products route.  I've never used these brands but you can check them out here.  I found this site has the best prices by far and shipping is even free!

Living Nature, Evolu, & Trilogy

Oh, i currently bought Living Nature's Manuka Honey & Oil gel which costed me over $4 more from another site (found the above site too late).

cetaphil is an excellent cleanser and it is most definately non-drying. you can actually leave a thin layer on your face and it will moiturize. i LOVE cetaphil! wub.gif

Same problem...everything makes me dry even just plain ole water. Pick up a good moisturizer and maybe try some aloe underneath it. I find that the aloe really helps keep my second layer of skin healthy and it locks in moisture (doesnt produce it...locks it in and heals). I throw Oil of Olay on top of that to relieve my outer layer of skin since it produces a good amount of moisture and keeps me comfortable throughout the day.

Anyway...I like Phisoderm Gentle Clenser for just clensing purposes.

Black Soap works great for me it's all natural and it dosn't try out my and flake my skin the the cleansers I have used in the past.