Notifications
Clear all

Simple Facial Cleanser?

MemberMember
(@fihe)

Posted : 08/18/2012 9:01 pm

I currently use Cetaphil gentle cleanser but saw Simple refreshing facial wash gel in the store and wonder if it would be appropriate for use with the acne.org regimen. Has anyone here used it? Here are the ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate

I have a trial size tube at home that I use sometimes and I haven't noticed any problems with it, but then again I don't use it often, so I thought I'd ask.

/> http://www.simpleskincare.com/our-products/cleansers/refreshing-facial-wash-gel

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/18/2012 9:21 pm

I would suggest it over Cetaphil any day. I think that it seems like a nice, gentle cleanser. Let me know if you do try it and like it. I've been considering it. I don't know how well it lathers though. Cuz I like my Clean & Clear Foaming Sensitive Facial Cleanser.

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 08/18/2012 9:59 pm

I've not used that particular one, but I use the moisturising face wash and like it. No problems. I also used it pre accutane and it was fine then too.

MemberMember
(@a_stylist)

Posted : 11/11/2012 10:32 pm

I got the sample of the Simple gentle cleanser and LOVED it! I've just been using up the rest of my Plantogen cleanser before I go buy a fulls size.

MemberMember
(@starrynight07)

Posted : 11/13/2012 3:23 am

I have used that cleanser before and it was pretty good! I'm on the acne.org regimen too, and when I was using this particular cleanser last year it was very gentle and didn't break me out. But I just felt like it didn't cleanse my skin very well, so I switched to the Purpose brand facial cleanser and I like this one better. After looking at the ingredients of the Purpose cleanser though, the Simple gel cleanser seems more gentle. I say give it a try!

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/13/2012 8:02 am

I've used this before, it's a good, basic cleanser when you don't want any extra treatment apart from benzoyl peroxide. It won't prevent acne, it just cleanses.

MemberMember
(@hopeful479)

Posted : 11/13/2012 9:48 am

I like Basis face wash I found it to work well and it's cheap! Purpose is good but I thought it was too drying and Cetaphil gentle didn't seem to cleanse enough for me.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 11/24/2012 7:23 am

I tried it and it irritated my skin and totally dried it out. I didn't use it long enough to see if it would break me out.

It has really positive reviews, but I think my skins too sensitive for it.

Ps-- my skin hates most products, especially cleansers. I can't use a basic cleanser for some reason. I need a Bp cleanser or I break out, this, even though I use Bp topically. so maybe I'm not the best example. Oddly enough, bp cleansers don't irritate my skin...

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/24/2012 8:22 am

I actually didn't like Cetaphil - I don't know if it was too gentle or else not gentle enough - but it broke me out. If you are able to find something that works better, definitely keep with it!

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 11/24/2012 1:34 pm

purpose, cerave or cetaphil are the common ones some work better for others

its all trial and error in this game unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/24/2012 1:50 pm

CeraVe cleanser, a lot of derms recommend it!

MemberMember
(@lollypopfield)

Posted : 11/24/2012 4:01 pm

For me, its Clean and Clear Sensitive Facial Cleanser.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/25/2012 12:07 pm

Why are there people replying with product recommendations? The poster asked if anyone tried that specific Simple cleanser, and not what you all use...I can't see the point of replying to this thread unless you've tried this cleanser itself or you have an opinion about the ingredients.