Notifications
Clear all

Anything In The Works For A Spot Treatment?

MemberMember
(@connor-cliche)

Posted : 08/18/2012 12:22 pm

I've been a user of Acne.org's products, resources, and information for about three years now. Never been clearer! I've been fine-tuning my personal regimen to tailor it to my specific needs, all while keeping Dan's universal regimen as a base. It has worked flawlessly.

However, even though some of us are 99-100% clear, there still are a few problematic pimples that squeeze themselves in every once in a while. I've been using Clean & Clear and Neutrogena's Spot Treatments for just under a year (it takes me roughly 6 months to finish one little tube, since you don't often need much at all). They don't really do much at all... or so I haven't noticed?

I remember Dan talking about a possible spot treatment that was salicylic-acid based. Is there anything currently in the works? Or is there anything Dan himself can/does recommend for spot treatment? I have used Polysporin in the past, but it's comedogenic and clogs pores, which kind of worries me that it's doing more harm than not.

Thanks a lot Acne.org! I really appreciate your help, yet again.

Connor.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/18/2012 10:49 pm

I don't use the regimen or the acne.org products but I do remember hearing that the acne.org AHA can be used as a spot treatment. You can check out a video of Dan showing how it's used as a spot treatment

I don't know if there are any others in the works or not though.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/18/2012 10:51 pm

I really love Dan's AHA+ even though I don't use the regimen :P

MemberMember
(@connor-cliche)

Posted : 08/19/2012 5:08 pm

Ah, I already use AHA+ religiously! I have the 16 oZ bottle. It lasts me a while. It's a lifesaver but I don't think it fairs out well as a spot treatmen! Thank you so much though, guys!

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 08/25/2012 11:35 am

I was wondering the same thing. I came across this blog post about a spot treatment in the works back in 2010.

http://www.acne.org/...pot-treatments/

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 08/26/2012 12:12 am

My esthetician used to tell me to spot treat by putting a dab of BP on, let it dry, and then apply sulfur on the top. That worked when I used BP.

Now I just use AHA, and it seems to work as a spot treatment. The normal application should be a thin coat. Try dabbing it on a bit thicker a couple times a day and see how that works on your spots.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 10/03/2012 11:29 pm

I found Aha did nothing for me as a spot treatment.

MemberMember
(@theanasofie)

Posted : 11/26/2012 3:06 am

If you live in Canada, try neostrata's oil free smoothing lotion. It's 10percent AHA. Works very well as a spot treatment for me!

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 11/26/2012 4:12 am

I use aztec indian healing clay mix it with a bit of apple cider vinegar. Works very good for spot treatments, it will dry out the pimple after 2 application